Coral Princess 22 August changed again!

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - CORAL PRINCESS

Due to berth availability in Sydney, the 3-day Sapphire Coast Seacation departing on Monday, 22 August 2022 and the 4-day Moreton Island Seacation departing on Thursday, 25 August have been combined into a single 7-day Sapphire & Hunter Coast with Moreton Island voyage departing on Monday, 22 August and returning Monday, August 29. This updated voyage will visit Eden, Newcastle, and Moreton Island.

Just now, Belmont Babe said:

Due to berth availability in Sydney, the 3-day Sapphire Coast Seacation departing on Monday, 22 August 2022 and the 4-day Moreton Island Seacation departing on Thursday, 25 August have been combined into a single 7-day Sapphire & Hunter Coast with Moreton Island voyage departing on Monday, 22 August and returning Monday, August 29. This updated voyage will visit Eden, Newcastle, and Moreton Island.

My question is, do the 3 day and 4 day bookings now get a 7 day cruise, or are all bookings cancelled and booking open up for the 7 day cruise?

I have to be grateful - one less stop in Sydney, therefore an extra day at sea, less chance of repeat menus in the MDR, and no need for a RAT after three days with possibility of being offloaded if I test positive.

I have great sympathy for all the call centre staff and other admin staff at Princess, who will have to deal with this change - the logistics of it boggles my mind.

I am onboard for 12 days - I don't care where, as long as I'm there.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

But it might change again even, what a nightmare for those who cannot get the extra days of work etc..

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But it might change again even, what a nightmare for those who cannot get the extra days of work etc..

There will be some, but the majority are from the original cruise that was originally 12 nights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes Les,...and Geoff.... its a bit of a shamozzle...lol....still...we are on for the 12 days...happy to be able to sail anywhere....quad vaxxed, flu vaxxed, fingers crossed ..we have had to change the insurance from the original PNG...cancel that policy, now getting domestic policy.. hoping they dont change again..time will tell.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S&D said:

Yes Les,...and Geoff.... its a bit of a shamozzle...lol....still...we are on for the 12 days...happy to be able to sail anywhere....quad vaxxed, flu vaxxed, fingers crossed ..we have had to change the insurance from the original PNG...cancel that policy, now getting domestic policy.. hoping they dont change again..time will tell.....

It is definitely a fluid situation Sandy.

Looks like your cruise credits have changed from 1 cruise to 3 cruises and now back to 2. Not sure it was about port bookings, but to save money on mini-bar set-ups 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I certainly  don't like the uncertainty  that is surrounding itineraries at the moment.

I certainly agree. Our next is the cruise prior to this, and then another two between now and the end of October. That includes an 11 nighter which immediately follows Majestic's Pacific crossing. 11 nights seems long by current standards. As a friend often reminds me, it pays to have faith that the cruise fairies will look after you, and they usually do.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

I certainly agree. Our next is the cruise prior to this, and then another two between now and the end of October. That includes an 11 nighter which immediately follows Majestic's Pacific crossing. 11 nights seems long by current standards. As a friend often reminds me, it pays to have faith that the cruise fairies will look after you, and they usually do.

Is Majestic Princess carrying pax across from USA to here? 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have a cruise on Coral in September, hoping the itinerary remains intact.

We have two in September - we bailed out of this chopped up 22nd August cruise and have booked 3rd Sept instead, which is B2B with the 13th Sept one. 

I really hope they don't stuff around with the 13th Sept cruise either, although for that cruise we don't really care where it goes. We're celebrating a couple of milestones onboard so as long as they don't cancel it completely we'll be happy.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes. There is a 29 day cruise from Vancouver, Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific Crossing departing Vancouver 20 September 2022 and arriving in Sydney 20th October 2022 

Cheers 

CRUISING ALONG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

It will be an interesting couple of months. Just the two P&O ships and Carnival Luminosa left of those coming down empty. All the others are in cruise mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

It will be an interesting couple of months. Just the two P&O ships and Carnival Luminosa left of those coming down empty. All the others are in cruise mode.

It will be Geoff, the first laden ship will be the case study for the rest, lurgy wise.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It will be Geoff, the first laden ship will be the case study for the rest, lurgy wise.

Just like MUTS on Princess. Grab some popcorn and get comfy, the trailers are done, and time now for the feature presentation.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just like MUTS on Princess. Grab some popcorn and get comfy, the trailers are done, and time now for the feature presentation.

Are you selling tickets Geoff? I want a front row seat at the 🤡 🎪 cruise circus. 🍿🍿🍿

That was my summation of my 36 yrs in the NSWP👮‍♂️A front row seat at the circus nearly every day watching the 🤡

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Are you selling tickets Geoff? I want a front row seat at the 🤡 🎪 cruise circus. 🍿🍿🍿

That was my summation of my 36 yrs in the NSWP👮‍♂️A front row seat at the circus nearly every day watching the 🤡

You are in the right place here at Cruisecus Critic, or you can tune into Karl for the cheap tickets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, NSWP said:

Yep, she will be 🙂

We will be doing the Los Angeles to Auckland leg of Majestic Princess relocation cruise!.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Yep, she will be 🙂

We will be doing the Los Angeles to Auckland leg of Majestic Princess relocation cruise!.

Probably in the company of 3500 North Americans.  Will be an education for you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I wouldn't think so, even before Covid the TransPacific cruises from Hawaii to Australia were majority Aussie and Kiwis or at least 50%. With at least 25% being other non US citizens.

That's my experience as well.

Edit: Actually, i'll include overseas cruises about the States where many onboard are Brits or Canadians

Edited by vegemeter