Holland America Courtesy Hold - Can you cancel online or must you call?

Longwood50

I placed a cruise on a courtesy hold with Holland America.  I want to cancel it.  I have the booking number and I can look it up, however I see no place where it allows you to cancel the courtesy hold.  Is there a way to do it, or must you wait on hold for hours to talk directly to an agent. 

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes but that will not allow me to book on Holland America with the current promotion because I already have one cruise booked for that time using the promotion.  

Yes, you will have to call.  Set your alarm to call them as soon as they open.  I call at the opening and usually get through to an agent quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes but that will not allow me to book on Holland America with the current promotion because I already have one cruise booked for that time using the promotion.  

Sorry, didn't realise that you wanted to book another one!  Just thought you were tidying up.

You can also use the "chat" function.  I was in the same situation and was able to cancel the on-hold reservation via chat -- quick and easy (and they did everything correctly 🙂 )...

• Like 2

A possible alternative -- even if you have never used one, you are (probably) assigned to a PCC. Check some correspondence from HAL -- near the top it will say 

Your Personal Cruise Consultant
John Doe
1-800-355-3017 (x29###)

and then an email addy @hollandamerica.com .

This was true for me some years ago and saved me a bunch of money when I needed to cancel TWO bookings on Christmas Eve Eve. Final Payment was Christmas! I left both a phone message and an email -- both timestamped -- and received my refund after the issue was kicked up to management.

Suffice to say, I use the PCC system exclusively.

I always use the chat function for this as I can do other stuff while waiting for someone.If you booked through a TA they will need to do it, and they can actually cancel it in 2 seconds through their online portal if they booked it for you.