Does Lobster Night in MDR also include Specialties on UDP?

49 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

In my experience it's not a problem, but your server will expect a tip, or at least give off that vibe. 

LOL.... that's cute.  The next question now is to find out what night is Lobster night on the 8/5 Oasis 9 Day cruise? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

In my experience it's not a problem, but your server will expect a tip, or at least give off that vibe. 

Have you actually experienced this. I never have had anyone show any expectations of a tip on a ship.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

If you want lobster, why not jut go to the MDR?

That's always an option but we are trying to 'space-out' the specialty places so that we hit them all to try.  We are not 'often cruisers' and this may be the last time we get on a ship for a couple years until the kids finish college.

57 minutes ago, Project-College said:

That's always an option but we are trying to 'space-out' the specialty places so that we hit them all to try.  We are not 'often cruisers' and this may be the last time we get on a ship for a couple years until the kids finish college.

Just ask your specialty server for a few lobster tails and they will show up.  No extra tip required but we always tip $10 in cash at specialty.

• Like 1

I usually plan where I'm eating for Lobster night which is usually Chops.  I always stop by during the day to make the request so they are not having to run to the main dining room when they are busy.  This way the get them before dinner and cook them at thr restaurant. Did this last week on Ovation

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I usually plan where I'm eating for Lobster night which is usually Chops.  I always stop by during the day to make the request so they are not having to run to the main dining room when they are busy.  This way the get them before dinner and cook them at thr restaurant. Did this last week on Ovation

Excellent idea...thks!  You have made my DW happy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OZ. said:

Have you actually experienced this. I never have had anyone show any expectations of a tip on a ship.

Yes, I have. I would not have said that if it were not my experience. As I said, it's a vibe, they aren't literally putting their hand out. It's more about making it seem like they are providing an exception. Pretending they have to check, saying they don't usually do this (lol), and being extra solicitous. I'm not bothered by it but I know what's implied.

15 hours ago, Project-College said:

LOL.... that's cute.  The next question now is to find out what night is Lobster night on the 8/5 Oasis 9 Day cruise? 

Use the Royal App and check the MDR menus each night.  The "Broiled Lobster Tail" will be listed under entrees.