What happens if you test positive in Athens?

jamadeliz

Hi all,

We are heading out on the Jade a week from Sunday.  Curious what happens if we test positive before the cruise?  How do we quarantine?  Where do we quarantine.  I have yet to get COVID and am fully vaccinated and have received 2 boosters.  Just starting to have some anxiety about testing positive before the cruise.

As of last month, Greece requires you to isolate for 5 days. Unless that has changed recently, expect to miss your cruise and spend some time in a Greek hotel before returning home.

How you go about is another matter. Perhaps your hotel can accommodate you for the additional days or can direct you to with availability. Your insurance will reimburse you up to the limits of the policy.

I definitely understand your anxiety with pre cruise testing. Our past trip with RCI we were anxious before the cruise about testing just in case we tested positive. 

We are due to sail on the NCl Jade on September 18th sailing around the Greek Isles and we will probably have to test as well. 

As another poster has stated if you test positive whilst in Greece you will probably have to isolate in a hotel and then try to get your money back for the lost vacation time and holiday expenses through your travel insurance which will always be difficult. 

If you have any lateral flow tests in your possession my advice would be to take a test now (which isn't your official travel covid test) and then if you test negative this should put your anxiety at ease and give you more certainty for your official travel covid test. If you test positive this give you some more time to claim a covid cancellation refund. 

Hope this helps 😀

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bennyboats28 said:

If you have any lateral flow tests in your possession my advice would be to take a test now (which isn't your official travel covid test) and then if you test negative this should put your anxiety at ease and give you more certainty for your official travel covid test.

Testing now might provide SOME peace of mind. However, the flight over (including traversing at least two airports), checking into a hotel, possibly touring the area before the cruise, eating in restaurants, etc., can all be potential sources of COVID. It would be horrible to fly all the way to Greece (after testing negative at home) only to test positive before boarding the ship. Then what??

On 7/22/2022 at 6:47 AM, schmoopie17 said:

Testing now might provide SOME peace of mind. However, the flight over (including traversing at least two airports), checking into a hotel, possibly touring the area before the cruise, eating in restaurants, etc., can all be potential sources of COVID. It would be horrible to fly all the way to Greece (after testing negative at home) only to test positive before boarding the ship. Then what??

i always wear a mask & shield on the plane because I don't think they are as safe as they say (they have really good lobbyists in Washington). I always bring covid tests with me. Last cruise I had chest congestion & it was comforting knowing it wasn't covid.

• Like 3