Luggage Storage - late flight out of MIA

mrsderitis

Hi all, 

Curious if anyone has any recent suggestions for what to do with baggage after a cruise / before a late departure. Long story short, we had to change our return flight and now it doesn't leave until 8:30pm when our NCL ship docks early. 

Last time I cruise out of New Orleans there was a great service that took your bags at the port and transferred them to the airport, and we picked them up later that day. Doesn't seem like there's anything like that for MIA, but curious what others do. Thanks in advance! 

Luggage Lounge in South Beach is an option.  I would also look at reortpass.com for hotels and resorts offering day passes to their pool/spa/beach facilities - spend the day swimming and getting pampered and tip them to store your bags.

1 minute ago, carlmm said:

An option I once took: Went to the airport with the cruiseline's transfer, checked in early, thus checked in my luggage, too, and started another day of sightseeing from there.

Most US airlines will not allow you to check your bags more than 4 hours before the flight.

1 minute ago, JohninDC said:

Most US airlines will not allow you to check your bags more than 4 hours before the flight.

Allright, so I was lucky with my Lufthansa flight.

Edited by carlmm

Hey! We always feel like we know an inside hack when we do this....We actually go to the airport and rent a car for the day. Before Covid, we could get a rental car from Fox, or one of the other rental places for like $20. We are actually doing a cruise in a week, and are using points for a free car. We arrive on MSC at 7am, and our flight leaves at 8pm. The rental car is a place to keep your bags, and see the area, too! Compact cars were around $35 a day when I looked. Hope this helps!