Ulimited Dining Plan (UDP)

How is availability for reservations once onboard? The instructions for the plan say you cannot prebook your dining reservations except for first night. On prior sailings when paying as we go and waiting until boarding to book specialty restaurants,  there was no availability once on board except for the first night. Thank you!

Here's what I do.  I have a general strategy for which restaurants I want to reserve for which night before boarding.  Immediately after boarding, I go to Guest Services and get an Entertainment schedule for the week.  Then I find a comfy spot and make my dining reservations in the app, working around entertainment.  Much easier than talking to a person!

I like to eat early, usually around 5:30 when they open.  I just go to the speciality restaurant desk, usually Giovanni's for some reason, and tell them what I want.  Takes a few minutes but it's done and I'll see it on my app "almost" immediately.  

4 hours ago, Celialeah98 said:

How is availability for reservations once onboard? The instructions for the plan say you cannot prebook your dining reservations except for first night. On prior sailings when paying as we go and waiting until boarding to book specialty restaurants,  there was no availability once on board except for the first night. Thank you!

We always have a 3, 5, or UDP and never have a problem getting our days or times. We do tend to eat at 8pm or later.

when we were on a full Odyssey cruise in March with the UDP, we went straight to chops after boarding (11:45am) to make all of our reservations(all between 6/6:30) for a 6 night cruise.  No problem getting what we wanted.  When we wanted to change our 5th night to Chops from Giovannis, the best we could get was 8:15.

Dan

On 7/22/2022 at 10:12 AM, handbellplayer said:

Here's what I do.  I have a general strategy for which restaurants I want to reserve for which night before boarding.  Immediately after boarding, I go to Guest Services and get an Entertainment schedule for the week.  Then I find a comfy spot and make my dining reservations in the app, working around entertainment.  Much easier than talking to a person!

Gee thanks! I didn't know they actually have a weekly entertainment schedule available. That is good to know. Has it always been available? gee....and I've only been cruising for 20+ years .....always pick up new thing 🙂 

34 minutes ago, seapad said:

Gee thanks! I didn't know they actually have a weekly entertainment schedule available. That is good to know. Has it always been available? gee....and I've only been cruising for 20+ years .....always pick up new thing 🙂 

Back when you could make show reservations before sailing, I don't think they did (or we never needed it).  Now that you have to make them after boarding, it's necessary.

• Like 1