Have it all package

phoenix2009

Hey all,

I'm bit of a whiskey connoisseur and on holidays i usually like to indulge a bit so we purchased the have it all package. I noticed in the fine print they allow up to 15 drinks a day (which is plenty) however the cost has to be $11 and under (which i can work with). However i typically like double drinks in a short glass and this would put the cost at over $11. I don't think i have the option of just paying the difference in price between a single and double nor will they all you to order 2 singles at one time. I'm thinking this will be super inconvenient if i'm walking back and forth to the bar. Is the above accurate? if so, what have others done in this situation. It won't make or break my trip rather i'm looking for a hassle free experience.

I'm pretty sure I've read here that people have ordered doubles and it just counts as 2 drinks.  I've not personally done it since I mainly drink wine.  But something like whiskey should be easy to ring a double up as 2 drinks.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

My fiancé is a huge whiskey fan as well and definitely drank a bunch of it on our recent cruise last month on the Nieuw Statendam.  He would regularly order doubles and it would count as 2 drinks but he wasn't charged any extra for it.  We went to most of the bars on the ship and there were zero issues with this at any of them.

• Like 2

Am on Westerdam now with DH, DD, DS, DDIL and DSIL. All of them have ordered doubles of wine, gin, whiskey with no problem or extra cost at meals and bars. All of us have the Signature Beverage Package. For the wine doubles, the server brings 2 wine containers and pours both into one wine glass. The liquor doubles come already combined into one glass.

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 2

I asked out of curiosity on our June sailing (we are beer and wine drinkers so didn't really matter to us) and was told by the bartender that a double counts as 2 drinks towards the 15 drink limit. He then did allude to the fact that he was more of a 'free pour' guy though. My impression was the rule is it will count as 2 drinks, but you will find a bar or bartender where they may be more 'generous' on that rule.

Just curious, we also have the have it all pkg, so does anyone has the whisky & bourbon brands/ drink list that's avail for $11 & under?

ie, how high end does the $11 get, before we start paying for overage...?

btw, my wife doesn't drink, so basically I have up to 30 drinks...;)

12 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just curious, we also have the have it all pkg, so does anyone has the whisky & bourbon brands/ drink list that's avail for $11 & under?

ie, how high end does the $11 get, before we start paying for overage...?

If they actually have Buffalo Trace, Woodford, etc, stocked in the bars, I will be a very happy girl…I just got off Royal Caribbean ship last month where the entire ship was out of bourbon! 😱  

14 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just remember that (canned) water, sodas and specialty coffees also count towards the daily allowance so unless your wife really doesn't drink anything at all you may have less than 30 drinks 🙂

12 hours ago, chefchick said:

If they actually have Buffalo Trace, Woodford, etc, stocked in the bars, I will be a very happy girl…I just got off Royal Caribbean ship last month where the entire ship was out of bourbon! 😱  

In May on Nieuw Statendam at least 50% of the base spirits menu and lots of the described wines by the glass were gone.  The bartenders hustled to get permission to substitute.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  For one, the Buffalo Trace was gone early on the cruise.  My DW red wine was gone in the first week.  Their substitutes were not comparable.