Transfers in rome

Garyjames220

Hi

can anyone help me with transfers, we are 2 adults and 2 one year olds 

I have checked bobs limo from airport to our cruise port hotel and then back is coming to €360 Euros that includes a extra 40 for child seats 

I looked at shared transfer and that doesn’t go to our hotel and the Times back aren’t great with flight time 

does anyone have any advice if this is the normal price or if there is any way I can get it cheaper as it seems a awful lot

I no the train is cheaper but doing that with cases and 1 year old twins may be to hard 

Try Booking.com under taxis . We used them end of May and their price was the best. Also sent a higher priced vehicle . A black limo van that could have seated more than just the two of us. You get the price when you book so no surprises.

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

can anyone help me with transfers, we are 2 adults and 2 one year olds 

I have checked bobs limo from airport to our cruise port hotel and then back is coming to €360 Euros that includes a extra 40 for child seats 

I looked at shared transfer and that doesn’t go to our hotel and the Times back aren’t great with flight time 

does anyone have any advice if this is the normal price or if there is any way I can get it cheaper as it seems a awful lot

I no the train is cheaper but doing that with cases and 1 year old twins may be to hard 

I am using Civitavecchia Shuttle Express -- their rates are much better.  Ofc, I don't know what the extra charge would be for child seats.

Edited by mchell810

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

We have used Stefano's Rome Cabs numerous times.  Picking a random date and they are coming in at €150 each way (€300 total) but no mention of child seats.

That is only €20 more than it was in 2017, so that is the price to expect.

https://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/airports/

just went onto that and it’s saying 160 for 4 with no car seats

goodness what a price. Sounds like 180 with car seats is standard 

9 minutes ago, pikwe012 said:

Try Booking.com under taxis . We used them end of May and their price was the best. Also sent a higher priced vehicle . A black limo van that could have seated more than just the two of us. You get the price when you book so no surprises.

checked that one and it’s coming up 200 euros each way. WOW

5 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I am using Civitavecchia Shuttle Express -- their rates are much better.  Ofc, I don't know what the extra charge would be for child seats.

there showing 160 without car seats 

ah well all roughly the same it seems

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

just went onto that and it’s saying 160 for 4 with no car seats

goodness what a price. Sounds like 180 with car seats is standard 

Prices on the website would refer to 4 adults.  Why don't you send them an email and tell them exactly what your situation is?  You might get an adjusted price.

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Prices on the website would refer to 4 adults.  Why don't you send them an email and tell them exactly what your situation is?  You might get an adjusted price.

right enough I’m not sure if it’s because they would still need a bigger car as it’s still 2 seats required. I had a look at the difference there and it’s 20 euros the difference between 2 and 4 people and we would still need the 4 seats

but thanks I’ll give it a go, better than nothing 

Edited by Garyjames220

Hi,

I haven’t used them recently, but Rome in limo worked well for me years ago. They have an excellent rating on Tripadvisor and they offer transfers and lots of tours also. They do a lot of cruise business. Look them up on google and go to their website. They have lots of choices, and may have what you need. 
Hope this helps. 

joan

3 minutes ago, j in tx said:

Hi,

I haven’t used them recently, but Rome in limo worked well for me years ago. They have an excellent rating on Tripadvisor and they offer transfers and lots of tours also. They do a lot of cruise business. Look them up on google and go to their website. They have lots of choices, and may have what you need. 
Hope this helps. 

joan

there coming up €190 one way for the 4 of us

thanks for your help. It seems everywhere is roughly the same

no cheap way of getting there it seems. I’ll need to pick Barcelona for future cruises, so much cheaper 

If you share with another family at the same time, your share would certainly come down. I think they do have shared tours but I don’t know about transfers.  
Also, if you message them, you might get a better deal with a round trip. 
I know, its so expensive, and you’re brave to travel with the babies!  Actually, I’m jealous!

I know you’ll have a wonderful trip!

joan

• Like 1

Hi, we just came back from Rome and an 11-day cruise leaving from Civitavecchia. We're a family of 4 (including 2 young kids) and we travelled extensively - from Fiumicino to City Center, to cruise port and back to airport from Rome. We also added another week to our vacation after the cruise travelling with car service back and from Naples (3 hours each way from Civitavecchia and back to Rome).

We used Rome-Chauffeur and not only was this service consistently on-point for each transfer (we did a total of 5 transfers with them this trip and the drivers arrived at least 30 mins early each reservation), but the pricing was the most competitive out of about 10 other cabs and car services I researched, including those named above.

We also used them our last trip to Rome prior to the pandemic. The service and drivers are exceptional and communications were always quick and responsive. 

Rome-Chauffer is definitely our go-to going forward and I would highly recommend for your trip with 2 babies. I know they have car seats as one driver had one on hand for his next client.

Happy to answer any questions.

Edited by Maverick!

FYI - the current price of regular gas in Italy today is 2 euros/liter, which comes to about $7.60 per US gallon.

Yes, book with the transfer companies directly, not through booking or other consolidator. You don't need to pay for their commission in addition to the gas prices.

8 hours ago, Maverick! said:

Hi, we just came back from Rome and an 11-day cruise leaving from Civitavecchia. We're a family of 4 (including 2 young kids) and we travelled extensively - from Fiumicino to City Center, to cruise port and back to airport from Rome. We also added another week to our vacation after the cruise travelling with car service back and from Naples (3 hours each way from Civitavecchia and back to Rome).

We used Rome-Chauffeur and not only was this service consistently on-point for each transfer (we did a total of 5 transfers with them this trip and the drivers arrived at least 30 mins early each reservation), but the pricing was the most competitive out of about 10 other cabs and car services I researched, including those named above.

We also used them our last trip to Rome prior to the pandemic. The service and drivers are exceptional and communications were always quick and responsive. 

Rome-Chauffer is definitely our go-to going forward and I would highly recommend for your trip with 2 babies. I know they have car seats as one driver had one on hand for his next client.

I’ll have a look into them. Do you remember what you paid from cruise port to airport 

8 hours ago, Maverick! said:

just checked and it’s coming up 150 each way

best so far. Thanks 😊 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

just checked and it’s coming up 150 each way

best so far. Thanks 😊 

We didn"t do Civitavecchia directly to airport (not sure if you're arriving to Fiumicino or Ciampini) but the rate was slightly less going to Rome from each way - cruiseport and the to/from airport. But sounds about right if going from Civita to one of the 2 airports cause mileage would be a bit further.

i agree car service good way to go as baggage + kids not easy combo when doing rideshare or trains+cabs+walk which comes to same or more even when added up (if you include headaches to make it happen :)).

15 minutes ago, Maverick! said:

We didn"t do Civitavecchia directly to airport (not sure if you're arriving to Fiumicino or Ciampini) but the rate was slightly less going to Rome from each way - cruiseport and the to/from airport. But sounds about right if going from Civita to one of the 2 airports cause mileage would be a bit further.

i agree car service good way to go as baggage + kids not easy combo when doing rideshare or trains+cabs+walk which comes to same or more even when added up (if you include headaches to make it happen :)).

yeah it would add up

I must admit I am amazed there is not better and cheaper options to get there. There must be thousands and thousands of people going to the port a week and I’m amazed everyone needs to pay this kind of money to get there and back

it would put me off going from this port again, spending 300 min just to get there and back is a lot, anyway I’m sure the cruise will be worth it, never done Greece before 🙂