New to Silversea - Tips, Recommendations & Questions re Silver Muse

ClefsDor

We've just booked the Seward to Osaka cruise on Silver Muse. This will be our first cruise with Silversea - we’ve previously sailed exclusively on Crystal. We know there are some doubts about being able to enter Japan and personally I’d love it if the ship just high tails it to Australia, saving us a return flight home 😀. I guess we’ll find out in due course - I just hope the cruise isn't altogether cancelled and that it will end up somewhere in Asia as it brings us closer to home and is one of the main attractions of the itinerary for us.

So my questions are:

Lunch - Is Kaiseki currently open for lunch? If not, does that mean the Grill, Spanacoppoli and La Terrazza are the only lunch time options?

Dinner - Do you recommend booking for Atlantide, Indochine and Hot Rocks or can we just walk in?

Sea Days - We have quite a few of them on this cruise. Are there guest lecturers and other activities other than just bingo and trivia? Is there any way of knowing who the lecturers and other entertainers are for our sailing?

Evening Shows - Is there just one performance per evening and what time is it?

Cruise Director - One of our favourite CD’s on Crystal was Russ. We’ve heard he has joined Silversea. Is there any way of finding our who the CD is for our cruise?

Masks - is there a mandatory mask policy on board at the moment?

Caviar - is it available on demand? Can’t remember if this was a Seabourn or Silversea perk.

Lastly, are there any other tips, recommendations or advice you can think of that would further enhance our cruise?

Thanks in advance from a very excited cruiser who can’t wait to get back on the high seas!

• Like 3

Lunch is available in Kaiseki, just sushi though, dinner is more extensive.

Hot Rocks you need a reservation, Atlantide and Indochine you can walk in.

on sea days they are guest lecturers and other activities.  You may be able to find out who the lecturer is from Silvesea.  Evening show is usually 9:45 or 10:00 aand the night before disembarkation it is around 6:00.  Again, you may be able to find out who the cruise director is through Silversea.  I was on Silversea in April and masks were not mandatory except the show lounge and on excursions, even then some people did not wear them properly.  Masks were recommend except for bars, restaurants and outdoors.  Caviar is availble anytime you want it.

One tip is make use of your butler, he will make/cancel dinner reservations, you can have a standing order to bring coffee first thing in the morning, set up canapes in your room prior to getting ready for dinner or pre drinks in the bar, ask for fruit bowl in your room, polish shoes, if you like having a drink in your room he can stock your bar fridge with preferences like champagne or wine, also a bottle,or hard liquor if you like also.  
You will absolutely love cruising with Silversea, from the food, friendly staff  and wonderful people you meet on board.  Enjoy!

Thanks, misseli for all the information you provided. Really pleased to hear Kaiseki is open for sushi and sashimi at lunch time. I'm sure we're going to really enjoy the Silver Muse. I wish Muse had SALT Kitchen, Bar and Lab but I guess we'll just have t book something on the Moon as well!

I was on the Muse a few weeks ago (Alaska) and Kaiseka was not open for lunch.  When I asked they said instead they added a self serve sushi station to the buffet but it was clearly not made by a sushi chef and had a strange (not in a good way) mix of rolls.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gcornell said:

I was on the Muse a few weeks ago (Alaska) and Kaiseka was not open for lunch.  When I asked they said instead they added a self serve sushi station to the buffet but it was clearly not made by a sushi chef and had a strange (not in a good way) mix of rolls.  

This is what I remember reading. I hope they switch back to opening Kaiseki at lunchtime. 

I am wondering what other differences there may be between Moon and Muse in this sort of regard. I think on Moon, Atlantide is also open for breakfast and lunch but not on Muse? I hope Muse, being the slightly older ship without some of the bells and whistles of Moon isn't subjected to lesser standards and amenities.

17 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

I am wondering what other differences there may be between Moon and Muse in this sort of regard. I think on Moon, Atlantide is also open for breakfast and lunch but not on Muse? I hope Muse, being the slightly older ship without some of the bells and whistles of Moon isn't subjected to lesser standards and amenities.

I have sailed both........Atlantide is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Muse as well as Moon.

The standards are the same on both ships. As far as ameneities, Muse does not have the SALT part of SS.........that is only on MOON AND DAWN.

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have sailed both........Atlantide is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Muse as well as Moon.

The standards are the same on both ships. As far as ameneities, Muse does not have the SALT part of SS.........that is only on MOON AND DAWN.

For us, we thought that the Salt Bar, Salt Restaurant and Salt Kitchen were exceptional and we enjoyed them very much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

They are offering money back or fcc or 15 percent off future cruise if booked by august

RIchard

Just to clarify you do not have to book by August (which be in effect, July 31) you have until August 30 to make the decision.  If you cannot make a decision by then you can get a FCC for 100% of what you paid or 100% refund to your form of payment.