Speciality restaurants - cannot book - help!

phoenix1975

I'm on Enchanted Princess at the end of August and want to book the speciality restaurants before I get on board. I've tried via the app and get an error message, and also via the website and get the error - 'Unable to retrieve guest's journey information'.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with the booking system, or can you only book the speciality restaurants a certain amount of time before your cruise?

Thanks 🙂

3 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

I'm on Enchanted Princess at the end of August and want to book the specialty restaurants before I get on board. I've tried via the app and get an error message, and also via the website and get the error - 'Unable to retrieve guest's journey information'.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with the booking system, or can you only book the specialty restaurants a certain amount of time before your cruise?

Thanks 🙂

Not sure if something is off-base when the user is in the UK, but at this point in time, you must have made Final Payment (FP) and so your Captain's Circle Member level should be irrelevant.  

Before trying DMW again, when you log in to MC App, is everything looking good for your booking in terms of the ship, dates, Personal Information, etc?  Have you accepted the cruise contract?  Have you registered a valid credit card? 

You should be able to book now but the message seems to indicate that your guest’s folio is not fully set up or yours may not be. If you cannot upload vaccinations, passports, etc. without getting the error message, call Princess as something may be wrong with your booking or it may need some other attention.

Once you are all set, you should be able to open the dining portion of the app and make reservations for both regular and specialty dining. The Enchanted is beautiful; enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

Everything is uploaded and I'm in the Green Lane. It's not just me either - other people on the UK Facebook group are reporting the same thing. But I didn't know whether it's a glitch or that I couldn't book now as it has to be so many days before.

I've booked the main dining room, just can't book any speciality restaurants.

51 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

I'm on Enchanted Princess at the end of August and want to book the speciality restaurants before I get on board. I've tried via the app and get an error message, and also via the website and get the error - 'Unable to retrieve guest's journey information'.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with the booking system, or can you only book the speciality restaurants a certain amount of time before your cruise?

Thanks 🙂

If it’s just happening this weekend they may be updating. You may need to sign out and back in and/or delete and reinstall the App. Or, try later today or tmrw morning.  If a lot are having issues then it’s probably a glitch or an update.

You shouldn’t have to take these

measures, but worth trying.

You can always book once OB.  We’ve not had a problem.  They don’t assign all the available SD reservations ahead of time.  

1 hour ago, LibrarianMonroe said:

Every time I had problems with the App it was because the App needed an update.  Not saying that's the problem  here, but it wouldn't hurt to check if it needs an  update.

How do you check to see if an update is required?

21 minutes ago, High C's said:

How do you check to see if an update is required?

I check by going to the App Store app on my iPhone (not sure about Android or other models) and search for the Medallion Class app. If it shows 'Update' then you need to click Update. If the App Store just shows Open, then it would seem you have the most up to date version. I have my phone settings set to update automatically but some people choose to update manually.

• Like 2

Thanks all - the app is already updated and it's happening on the website as well. I sent a Direct Message on Twitter and someone suggested I contact AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com - so will wait to see if I get a response or not.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow (not a cruise) so would have been nice to have got it sorted by now but it seems that it's not just me who is having an issue.

• Thanks 1

Have heard from the Medallion team and after sending a load of details, waiting for them to fix this. Seems the postal code issue has been fixed as I can now add a UK one in full but waiting for the booking issue to be done. 

I have a couple of questions though as I’ve noticed that some of the restaurants are now not available on the days I want them:

1. Are all the tables bookable prior to boarding or do they hold some back to book when you are on board?

2. The times available to select from only go up to 7.40pm. Does this mean that all the tables later than this have already been booked or are the times restricted prior to boarding?

Thanks. 

41 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

Have heard from the Medallion team and after sending a load of details, waiting for them to fix this. Seems the postal code issue has been fixed as I can now add a UK one in full but waiting for the booking issue to be done. 

I have a couple of questions though as I’ve noticed that some of the restaurants are now not available on the days I want them:

1. Are all the tables bookable prior to boarding or do they hold some back to book when you are on board?

2. The times available to select from only go up to 7.40pm. Does this mean that all the tables later than this have already been booked or are the times restricted prior to boarding?

Thanks. 

In the past, they never released all the space for advance booking in Cruise Personalizer.  I would think they are doing the same with DMW.  I am not certain we know this for any certainty, nor do we know exactly what percentage is released.  Perhaps the DRO (formerly MD) would know on board - or the F&B Mgr?  Doubt we would get a good answer from the typical PCL phone rep.  Perhaps the MC App help team knows (no idea).

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 11:26 PM, phoenix1975 said:

Thanks. 

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I too am based in the UK and am getting the same error message when I try to book speciality dining, however MDR bookings are fine.

2 hours ago, Walace said:

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I too am based in the UK and am getting the same error message when I try to book speciality dining, however MDR bookings are fine.

Did you look over your personal documents to see if everything looks good?  Check your phone number to see if that is correct and the postal code?

That was fixed, supposedly, last year. But, they have fixed one issue and it creates another error.

Phoenix1975. 
we too are going through the same issue we have premier package with less 50 days and unable to make reservations although it says we have dining credits but still unable we tried live chat and that got worse now have an escalation now we paid for one dining reservation it’s a big mess. Good luck and enjoy your cruise