Haven Rooms on Getaway

Devo12

Hello, My wife and I are planning a trip on the getaway in the haven.  Not sure which Room to get and would like some help.  Ideally I want to book the haven courtyard penthouse suite with balcony on floor on floor 16.  But looking we can get the haven penthouse suite with balcony on floor 14 for approx $2,000 less.  If you change floors with the penthouse suite, it comes close to the courtyard pricing.  My question is why the difference? I see floor 14 is under the gym, is it that loud that is a deal breaker?2 floors up to the haven amenties? smaller room? smaller deck? anything else? Never stayed in the haven before but have done 5 NCL cruises in the past.

Thanks, Devo

Being under the gym can indeed be noisy (think people dropping barbells). I personally like being within the Haven area itself as it is close to the bar, restaurant, pool and sundeck. Getaway also has some nice Haven cabins on deck 15 and, if you don't mind the walk, some great aft suites.

Take a look at the floor plans. The Haven Penthouse Suites on Deck 14 are essentially the same as the Haven Spa Suites except they don't have complimentary access to the Mandara Spa and the Thermal Suite. They also have an in-suite whirlpool tub which takes up a lot of the living space. The square footage is also slightly less. I agree with @Coastalbreezes above that being in the Haven proper, with greater accessibility to the bar and restaurant is worth the additional cost.    

In April, my husband and I were in the Haven (room 14130). According to the deck plans it was underneath (and above) staterooms. Rarely did we hear doors in our hallway slamming, even though they really do sound loud when you're close to them. We never heard anything above or below. We like to have the room at about 60 degrees so the air conditioning was on all the time which may have alleviated some noise. 

If you're able to, look at Haven rooms on the port side of the ship so that you're not underneath the fitness center.

Beside the cost savings, we enjoyed being on deck 14 as we were able to climb a couple sets of stairs to get to the Haven. It actually was kind of nice to get that pre-meal exercise! 

We loved Deck 14 so much that we booked room 14140 (Haven Spa Penthouse) for our upcoming Getaway cruise. And then, in March we've booked 14140 on the Breakaway as it's essentially the same ship. 

Regardless of where you choose, you will absolutely adore the Haven. Enjoy! 

So I have stayed on The Breakaway in the 2 bedroom Haven on 16 and also the Forward Facing on deck 9. I will say it is very nice being inside the Haven on 16, but it absolutely not a deal breaker. I would actually prefer a Forward Facing then the Haven Courtyard as you have separate living and bedroom. The Bedroom in the forward facing is much bigger then the 2 bedroom suite as well. The Bathroom in the forward facing also is much bigger and nicer as well. 

My wife and I had no issue walking a bit and taking the elevator to 16 to go to the Haven. I am cruising on the Getaway on September 29th for 9 nights and hoping to win our 3rd bid in a row either the 2 bedroom or the forward facing but have bids on all. Crossing our fingers.  

We stayed in a Haven Spa Penthouse on deck 14 on the Breakaway (carbon copy of Getaway) last month. It was on the starboard side, and directly under the fitness center. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised NOT to hear lots of noise from the gym above us. There were a few times when we could just make out the sound of someone on a treadmill, but only when the cabin was very quiet. It wasn't enough to disturb us, even when going to sleep. (Note, your mileage may vary...)

As others have said, it was kind of nice to take the two flights up to the Haven area to get a little exercise in before meals.

We thought it was worth the $$$ we saved vs. being in the Haven Zone proper.

Happy cruising!

21 minutes ago, Devo12 said:

Thanks for all the great replies and info.  We booked room 14140-Haven spa penthouse.  

I'm kind of late chiming in, but you made a good choice!   

We were in 14128 on the Getaway a few years ago and it was a wonderful cruise & cabin.

Have a great cruise😎