Alaska in Aquaclass?

TraderSam

We are about to book the Eclipse for June 2023.  We can book an A2 on Deck 11 for around $180 pp more than a slant hump stateroom on Deck 9, which happens to be Concierge.

Yes, I think we’d like to try Blu, yes we’d enjoy access to the Persian Gardens but I’m worried that the overhang is somehow going to interfere with the view 🤔

Am I overthinking this? Would anyone who has sailed in an Aquaclass stateroom in Alaska offer me their thoughts please?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, TraderSam said:

We are about to book the Eclipse for June 2023.  We can book an A2 on Deck 11 for around $180 pp more than a slant hump stateroom on Deck 9, which happens to be Concierge.

Yes, I think we’d like to try Blu, yes we’d enjoy access to the Persian Gardens but I’m worried that the overhang is somehow going to interfere with the view 🤔

Am I overthinking this? Would anyone who has sailed in an Aquaclass stateroom in Alaska offer me their thoughts please?

Thanks in advance!

This is deck 11 on the Solstice, Aqua cabin, looking forward and aft.Not much in the way of any obstructions. Eclipse should be the same. My choice would be to stay in the slant.

DSCN0689.JPG

DSCN0690.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TraderSam said:

Thanks in advance!

Slant hump on deck 9. Larger balcony plus no noise above you from pool deck.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TraderSam said:

@RTShaker thank you for replying and for the photographs. They are very helpful 

At this point, I’m leaning towards the slant cabin...no pun intended.😉

The pictures by RTSHAKER in post#2 appear to be from an A2 cabin on the forward portion of deck 11 - where there is no real overhang since at that point deck 11 is just as wide as the above decks.

And there is no significant overhang on the slant cabins on deck 9 because the above decks are the same width at that point, except for decks 14 and 15 which are wider than deck 9 but so far above deck 9 that it has no effect.

On the other hand, the A2 cabins on the aft  portion of deck 11 do have a significant overhang since deck 11 is narrower at that point and the above deck 12 is wider that deck 11 at that point.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Like 1

I found that the overhang in one of the Aqua rooms in the midsection (where this is an overhang) could interfere with some of the view when close to shore. However, I felt that the view from Blu more than made up for it, whether looking at the scenery or watching porpoises while dining - we always asked for a window table.

• Like 1

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on the eclipse June 9, 2022.
Not sure if it was just us, but we found our veranda on deck 11 very very windy! To the point we didn’t use it too much . 
We moved from deck 7 to deck 11, long story ! But not sure we preferred deck 11 to 7 .
Our Veranda on deck 7 was smaller but much nicer to sit on, as it was a sun trap. 
The upgrade was amazing though, but we did miss our original veranda on deck  7 . 
Off topic , Blu restaurant was totally amazing, as where the Persian gardens and spa ! 
enjoy your cruise! We had fantastic weather, I hope you do too! Make sure you go to the martini. Bar !! 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TraderSam said:

Thanks in advance!

You are overthinking.  The views will be fine.  We found that the best views were from the Sky Lounge.    Nothing beats the views from the Blu Restaurant.  We saw rainbows and beautiful scenery while eating.  Great views from the Oceanview as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I found that the overhang in one of the Aqua rooms in the midsection (where this is an overhang) could interfere with some of the view when close to shore. However, I felt that the view from Blu more than made up for it, whether looking at the scenery or watching porpoises while dining - we always asked for a window table.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I’m sure we would enjoy dining in Blu and I hadn’t thought about enjoy the views while we dine. Good point.👍🏻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, granny2009 said:

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on the eclipse June 9, 2022.
Not sure if it was just us, but we found our veranda on deck 11 very very windy! To the point we didn’t use it too much . 
We moved from deck 7 to deck 11, long story ! But not sure we preferred deck 11 to 7 .
Our Veranda on deck 7 was smaller but much nicer to sit on, as it was a sun trap. 
The upgrade was amazing though, but we did miss our original veranda on deck  7 . 
Off topic , Blu restaurant was totally amazing, as where the Persian gardens and spa ! 
enjoy your cruise! We had fantastic weather, I hope you do too! Make sure you go to the martini. Bar !! 🤣

Thank you for replying.

It sounds like overall, you had an amazing cruise which is why I’m questioning myself as to how important the view from the balcony really is in the grand scheme of things. The positives of being in Aquaclass may outweigh the negatives. 👍🏻

5 hours ago, keesar said:

You are overthinking.  The views will be fine.  We found that the best views were from the Sky Lounge.    Nothing beats the views from the Blu Restaurant.  We saw rainbows and beautiful scenery while eating.  Great views from the Oceanview as well.

Thank you! I’m happy to admit that I am indeed, guilty of overthinking these things. I’m delighted the hear that the views from Blu are wonderful.

Time to make my mind up.👍🏻

TraderSam,

To be clear, on Eclipse the narrow portion of deck 11, where there is a overhang from deck 12, is in the mid section of the ship from say cabin 1547 through cabin 1610. All other deck 11 cabins should not have a deck 12 overhang.

In addition to Blu and Spa access, there is access to the Relaxation Lounge located at the very front of deck 11 with a forward view.