Carnival Breeze Oceanview Deluxe Room Question about power supply

msbmommy99

We will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze on 9/26-10/1.  There will be 3 ladies staying in this room.  I am sure we will need more than 2 outlets to plug things into.  I bought a power supply in 2019 and I don't know if it will work on Carnival.  It did not work on Celebrity Equinox in January but did work on the Disney Fantasy.  Does anyone have a photo of the desk area in an Deluxe Oceanview stateroom so that I could see what the plug in looks like?  I have attached a picture of what I bought.  

powersupply.jpg

We have only stayed in lido balcony cabins on the Breeze and our experience is some of the plugs are recessed a bit. The image from your post has me curious if it will fit. I'd recommend a different one, perhaps with a short cord to move away from the plug itself. Check to make sure it is not a surge protected device. 

Recently stayed in a Spa Balcony on the Breeze.  The double plug by the desk is horizontal...picture your standard home outlet turned 90 degrees.  And it is just above a "backsplash" type lip that is about 3/4" deep.  So no way that one would work.  But a double wide plug "might".  I was able to plug in a double wide USB charging block like this one.  Any wider and I don't think it would have worked.   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-USB-C-USB-A-Dual-Port-Wall-Charger-White/549657159?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-51320962143&wl5=9028035&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=549657159&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw54iXBhCXARIsADWpsG-I121q5h5zHONqPQ0xoG7lJ04KEymKo6-C6thIpjdiEV1mKCMMuN0aAl37EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds  

Edited by Badfinger

I bought this and it is the best!

USB Wall Charger, Anker 60W 6 Port USB Charging Station, PowerPort 6 Multi USB Charger for iPhone Xs/Max/XR/X/8/7/Plus, iP...

USB Wall Charger, Anker 60W 6 Port USB Charging Station, PowerPort 6 Multi USB Charger about 30 bucks on amazon.

I am assuming you mostly want it for the charging of phones and other electronics.  

here is the link on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B00P936188/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2QNF9BZMIVMMS&keywords=usb%2Bpower%2B6%2Bport%2Banker&qid=1659036667&sprefix=usb%2Bpower%2B6%2Bport%2Banker%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-3&th=1

Edited by Angua
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, msbmommy99 said:

I have attached a picture of what I bought.  

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The picture shows it has surge protection and would be confiscated by security if they notice.

Regardless of whether security confiscates this product or not, please do not bring this, or any surge protected power outlet onto a cruise ship.  Your perfectly good surge protector could burst into flames, even with nothing plugged into it, entirely out of your control, due to a ground fault anywhere else on the ship.  Surge protectors are a major fire hazard due to the unique nature of ship's wiring, and are not used for any electronics by the ship, as they are not needed, also due to the unique nature of ship's wiring.

• Like 2

That form factor absolutely will not work on most ships as the outlets are recessed or partially obstructed.  You need something with a straight plug and a short cord to be sure.

We always use a simple 3 outlet non-protected power strip.  I bring separate USB chargers for any devices because everything with the built in ports seem to charge at the older 2A standard and everything takes an insane amount of time to charge.

Edited by ray98