Tipping for the Diamond Drinks loaded on your card

18 hours ago, nferr said:

. I really doubt the servers are getting ripped off at that level. Heck a lot of people tip zero if they don't have the package as we all know. With the package there's an automatic tip. 

If they don't have the package they pay the 18% per drink, no choice.  With the vouchers there is usually no receipt to add a tip.  Many bar tenders are still old school and don't always run the voucher. Last cruise on Navigator the bar tender at Schooners did not even take the card from me, they see Diamond and just get your drink, which may be a bonus from regular tipping. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last cruise on Navigator the bar tender at Schooners did not even take the card from me, they see Diamond and just get your drink, which may be a bonus from regular tipping. 

I've had the same thing with various bartenders on various ships -- particularly since I get "virgin" drinks.  Once they've charged the first one and gotten a cash tip, they don't bother to run the card on future drinks.  

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our bank is in another state so we use the ATM and always end up with 20.00 dollar bills that’s why I do the shopping thing.

Our credit union put in fancy-schmancy ATMs last year, and you can choose how many of which denomination of bills you want -- very handy!  I wish all ATMs offered that service.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Our credit union put in fancy-schmancy ATMs last year, and you can choose how many of which denomination of bills you want -- very handy!  I wish all ATMs offered that service.

I would love that.

Just to verify please. Is it permissible to sit down at dinner in the evening at My Time Dining and use a D+ drinks voucher to get a free glass of wine with dinner?

16 minutes ago, Glock said:

Just to verify please. Is it permissible to sit down at dinner in the evening at My Time Dining and use a D+ drinks voucher to get a free glass of wine with dinner?

Absolutely!  Just give your assistant waiter your card and tell them you want to use a Diamond voucher.