Verifly problems

tonamie

I am in the process of scanning our vaccination and booster QR codes at Verifly for our upcoming HAL cruise.  Verifly is NOT accepting our QR scans. I realize the pre-cruise Covid tests must also be entered three days before departure.  Are we allowed to bring all proof of vaccinations & pre-cruise tests in paper form to embarkation?  This is the first time we have had to enter all this Covid information, and I am getting nervous about Verifly not accepting our QR codes from our health dept. and pharmacy. Has anyone had problems with Verifly? Any suggestions?

I’m sorry to report that we had a total Verifly fail when we boarded our July cruise. We completed everything and received our green light pass from Verifly.  When we reached check-in at the port, I opened the app and the pass was gone and a message showed that we had items to complete.  But all items nonetheless did show as checked off and completed.

Always the Girl Scout, I’d taken a screen shot of our Verifly “pass.”  But no….the check-in person said they needed to see it on the app.

Luckily I had printed our test results and, of course, had our vaccination cards with us. The young lady was very kind and patient, looked through our documents and sent us on our way.

Moral of the story:  Bring your documentation and don’t fret over Verifly.

• Like 1

I just finished Verifly. For the vaccine certificates the QR code wouldn't scan and the antigen test results were in the body of an email. I had to take pictures of both and upload the copy for their approval. In both cases it took less than 15 minutes for them to approve them.  I have paper copies of the vaccine results and the email for the test and I will have them with me just in case.  My boarding time is 10am so I will have lots of time if necessary.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ottawa traveller said:

I just finished Verifly. For the vaccine certificates the QR code wouldn't scan and the antigen test results were in the body of an email. I had to take pictures of both and upload the copy for their approval. In both cases it took less than 15 minutes for them to approve them.  I have paper copies of the vaccine results and the email for the test and I will have them with me just in case.  My boarding time is 10am so I will have lots of time if necessary.

Do you have to have a smartphone for Verifly?  If one doesn't have one what is one to do????

1 hour ago, Sue from Canada said:

Do you have to have a smartphone for Verifly?  If one doesn't have one what is one to do????

Take print outs of all your documents!

we were boarding in New York a couple of months ago on QM2. They asked for “Covid card”. In U.K. we don’t have them, but I had print outs of every jab plus booster as well as Covid test results. They were fine with that.

Maybe doubling answers already given, but I would like to tell my experience last Sunday: It took me hours to  try and upload our QR codes in the Verifly app (both on my mobile telephone). At last I sent the complete Governmental documents to Verifly: OK in minutes.   

Visiting my daughter who joins us in August on ms Rotterdam I told her to load the Verifly app too.  Within 5-10 minutes everything ready. The difference: she opened the document with QR code in her tablet and scanned it with the Verifly app in her mobile telephone.  Maybe it helps someone.  (And of course I carry all prints and documents, just to be sure 😉 ).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Verifly is an optional process. DH and I have no smartphones. Our boarding went as usual by showing paper documents.

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Verifly is an optional process. DH and I have no smartphones. Our boarding went as usual by showing paper documents.

Thank you very much. I have paper copies of everything too.

It's a pretty simple app to be honest.  I used it in June in Canada Place.  Since I had a 10 AM boarding time, I'm going to guess that using it (it is optional you know) saved me a whopping 3-5 minutes.

Edit - oh wait, it didn't save me any time because I didn't board until 11:45.  So 3-5 minutes extra time to sit and wait instead of stand and wait.  So why fret?

Edited by PACD_JG