Konigsdam August 6-Just want to thank everyone on here for their help

steve4031

I just downloaded my boarding passes and luggage tags.  Now I just have to do the health attestation on August 3rd and the covid tests which will be done online.  

I want to thank everyone on here for sharing their experiences.  Whether I participated in a thread or not, I read everything I could on the Konigsdam and the Covid testing which helped me to figure out the best way to do things.  I was originally planning to do Walgreens, but their app was only allowing me to make appointments for the same day or one or two days out.  I called the Walgreens that I normally go to, and the response to my question was. a brusque use the internet to schedule appointments.  This occurred last Friday.  I decided to do the online testing, and used the link provided in the Holland American website, which I had missed the other times that I had checked on Covid information.  I chose the online option because many people on here reported that that was the best way to get it done.  

The test ordered through Holland America's link to optium arrived today.  So the expedited shipping service worked flawlessly.   

We are in an aft corner Neptune suite and were placed in boarding group A at 10 a.m. Saturday morning.  

Once the cruise starts I will try to do a day by day trip report to describe my experiences.  I hope mine is as helpful as the 20 or so I read to prepare for my cruise.  LOL.  

I will try to answer any questions as they appear in this thread.  

Edited by steve4031
Clarity
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, steve4031 said:

I just downloaded my boarding passes and luggage tags.  Now I just have to do the health attestation on August 3rd and the covid tests which will be done online.  

I want to thank everyone on here for sharing their experiences.  Whether I participated in a thread or not, I read everything I could on the Konigsdam and the Covid testing which helped me to figure out the best way to do things.  I was originally planning to do Walgreens, but their app was only allowing me to make appointments for the same day or one or two days out.  I called the Walgreens that I normally go to, and the response to my question was. a brusque use the internet to schedule appointments.  This occurred last Friday.  I decided to do the online testing, and used the link provided in the Holland American website, which I had missed the other times that I had checked on Covid information.  I chose the online option because many people on here reported that that was the best way to get it done.  

The test ordered through Holland America's link to optium arrived today.  So the expedited shipping service worked flawlessly.   

We are in an aft corner Neptune suite and were placed in boarding group A at 10 a.m. Saturday morning.  

Once the cruise starts I will try to do a day by day trip report to describe my experiences.  I hope mine is as helpful as the 20 or so I read to prepare for my cruise.  LOL.  

I will try to answer any questions as they appear in this thread.  

Have a great cruise.  One thing that was not mentioned was Arrivecan.  There is a web based version or an APP version.  You sign up online and can preload your proof of vaccination as well as your travelling document, I.e. passport or Nexus.  Three days before your trip you can enter in your travelling details. You will need to do two Arrivecan submissions.  One for your flight arrival to Vancouver.  Then a second submission for your arrival back to Vancouver after the cruise.  The gov’t realizes wifi is hard to get on cruise ships so for the arrival back into Canada after the cruise you can enter those details three days before the cruise starts.  After the cruise your enter back into  Canada is by marine.  Do both submissions on August 3rd, (three days before your trip) as you are embarking August 6th. You will get a QR code which will be also tied to your chosen travelling document. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ArriveCAN worked flawlessly.   I was also able to upload the email with QR code into the United app.  

Tomorrow I will do the Covid tests and the VeriFLY.  I will do this at home before heading to the airport.  We are staying at the airport Hilton that is connected to Ohare.  

I can use my printer at home to print everything out.