Review

exlondoner

My review has appeared in reviews, but there is no opportunity for questions or corrections, so I am posting to below, so everyone can have a go. 😀

There were faults with this cruise, but not over the things that are important to me. These are cabin, food, service, a calm and serene atmosphere, an elegant and spacious ship. All these aspects were excellent, especially the quality of service, which was faultless. The passenger/crew ratio of 1.77:1 was good, and there seemed more than enough staff. Yes, the QM2, being an ocean liner does have an occasional patch of superficial rust. It also had lots of people washing and scraping and painting and varnishing all over the place, so is being well maintained. While I was on board one of the D stairway lifts and the Terrace Pool were both returned to service after repairs.

Embarkation was pretty good. We arrived about midday and checkin was brisk and straightforward with no delays, as was security. There was a hiatus between the two, while we waited for the ship to be ready. Our Q5 cabin was elegant and spacious, though the bathroom is not well designed, and really does need a walk in shower. The QG restaurant is not the most elegant of rooms, but the quality of food and warmth of service more than compensated for this. There is also a wide choice - 16 main courses for dinner, plus any special requests. Nonetheless I did defeat them by asking for Dulce de Leche ice cream. No Dulce de Leche on board, but they did make salted caramel instead.

Eventually we caught Covid and went to a smaller cabin to isolate, which was not very enjoyable, but the QG staff continued to look after us as far as they could and rang.frequently to make sure we were OK.

I had read a lot of negative comments before we sailed and was quite worried, but found the ship as lovely as ever, calm, serene, elegant, and welcoming. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Embarrassingly, I have just managed to click to say my own review is helpful. Is there anyway of undoing this, as I am probably the last person in the world to whom it is helpful. Groan.

You reread it, and it clarified your thinking and confirmed your opinion!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

hope the "can't be bothered" impact of covid doesn't last too long. Seems to effect a lot of people even if it was mild.

It is not that I can't be bothered. It is simply that I have greater priorities for my very limited remaining strength.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It is not that I can't be bothered. It is simply that I have greater priorities for my very limited remaining strength.

Sorry, that sounded ungracious. Thanks for your good wishes.