Using On-Board Credit for Daily Gratuities?

cruise4family

Hi to All,

It's been a while since I cruised on Carnival.  I have on-board credit on my account and have already used some for specialty dining and excursions.  Can the remainder be applied on the cruise against the daily gratuities?

I'm asking because lately I've been cruising NCL and they don't allow you to apply OBC towards gratuities.  I wasn't sure if Carnival's policy is the same as NCL. 

Thank you in advance for information.

6 minutes ago, cruise4family said:

Hi to All,

It's been a while since I cruised on Carnival.  I have on-board credit on my account and have already used some for specialty dining and excursions.  Can the remainder be applied on the cruise against the daily gratuities?

I'm asking because lately I've been cruising NCL and they don't allow you to apply OBC towards gratuities.  I wasn't sure if Carnival's policy is the same as NCL. 

You absolutely can! We do it on our cruises. 

On 8/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, cruise4family said:

Hi to All,

On Carnival, your OBC really just applies as a credit to your S&S account.  It will be used to offset whatever charges are made to that account, including gratuities.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1