"The Retreat" Priority check-in, Stream wi-fi

TomTN

I am looking at a page that I printed when we booked a Sky Suite on Summit, and it says we have both of these for our Boston NE/Canada cruise.   What does each mean.  Priority check-in Anytime? checkin? 11 AM? I think I could only get 12:30 when I received an email requesting that I schedule embarkation. I couldn't find that when I went to the X website and signed in.

Stream wi-fi , Is this the best? will we need to upgrade use two devices?  

Any info appreciated.

We last sailed on X to Aus/NZ in 2017. We miss it.

Stream wi-fi is the best.  You each will have your own wi-fi account so you both could be on-line at the same time. You can switch between devices 

Suites can check-in anytime after the terminal opens.  Last time we boarded in Fort Lauderdale we got to the terminal and the entry to suite check-in area was packed, waited for 30 minutes to get past the entry to the check-in area.  

• Like 1

With regards to Check-In, yes it's a little confusing. Bottom line if you're in a Retreat Class room you can check-in any time; however, you will still need to choose a check-in time that may or may not be your desired time. Unfortunately the system is not setup to allow someone with a Retreat class room to choose any check in time whether available or not. So choose whatever check in time is shown to you but know that you're allowed to actually go to the terminal and check in at any time you prefer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like to get to the pier about 11:30. On the ship about noon. Drop my bags off in the suite. Then I go to Luminae for lunch. Luminae is open for lunch on sea days and embarkation day from about noon to 1:30. Luminae is your assigned dining room. After lunch head back to the suite to meet our butler. Now called Personal Retreat Host "PRH".

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I like to get to the pier about 11:30. On the ship about noon. Drop my bags off in the suite. Then I go to Luminae for lunch. Luminae is open for lunch on sea days and embarkation day from about noon to 1:30. Luminae is your assigned dining room. After lunch head back to the suite to meet our butler. Now called Personal Retreat Host "PRH".

That's also our preferred timeframe for all of our cruises. Not too early, not too late.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Definitely try to get to Luminae for lunch on embarkation, they normally have lobster roll as a option.

Great and an appropriate beginning for this cruise. We want this to be our lobster roll cruise. We have been on this cruise or similar on HAL, X and Princess. Our last trip was our "Lobster cruise" where we went to a different restaurant at lobster for lunch at each port.

Lobster rolls this time. I might actually eat a different food from the ocean.  Lobster every day for DW.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I suspect we will arrive around 11. We are staying nearby at the Hampton Inn Seaport .  

It's hard to say when things will get crowded. I believe most people are concerned about flight cancellations and will arrive a day early so there might be a log jam before lunch?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

I suspect we will arrive around 11. We are staying nearby at the Hampton Inn Seaport .  

It's hard to say when things will get crowded. I believe most people are concerned about flight cancellations and will arrive a day early so there might be a log jam before lunch?

You should have a separate line for Retreat or Suites guest. Summit only has 50 suites. Our last 2 cruises on Millie (sister ship) we were on the ship in about 20 mins. One cruise was out of Seattle and the other was out of Seward, AK. As far as I know Celebrity is still not sailing full. Suites should be full.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, TomBeckCruise said:

You ought to be in good shape as long as there aren't any issues with the terminal, itself, being ready for boarding when you are.

When you do get to the port, look for "Retreat" signs if someone doesn't immediately notice your luggage tags and direct you to the Retreat check-in.  You should have a totally separate spot or line for checking in. 

If you aren't personally handed off from stop to stop through the check-in process, be sure to check whether you are checking in for Retreat (by sign or otherwise).  I went the wrong way at one point in Fort Lauderdale (my mistake) until I showed someone my Express Pass and was redirected.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, bigbenboys said:

You should have a separate line for Retreat or Suites guest. Summit only has 50 suites. Our last 2 cruises on Millie (sister ship) we were on the ship in about 20 mins. One cruise was out of Seattle and the other was out of Seward, AK. As far as I know Celebrity is still not sailing full. Suites should be full.

We're on Millie later this month--it looks like suites are fully sold out and there are only a couple of Aqua and Veranda cabins available.  But there are 200 empty OV and Inside cabins.  Given how few suites there are (as you point out), hope embarkation is quick and easy.

On 8/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, bigbenboys said:

In Port Liberty - no separate door for suite but once in the initial door there is a Retreat Line for Security and a General Boarding.   Inside there are separate desks for Suites.    Suite or Regular cabins all were quickly processed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

In Port Liberty - no separate door for suite but once in the initial door there is a Retreat Line for Security and a General Boarding.   Inside there are separate desks for Suites.    Suite or Regular cabins all were quickly processed.

Thanks both (not sure if this is Jim or Iain)!  We're departing from Seward, so hopefully just as easy (if not easier) than Port Liberty.

34 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Thanks both (not sure if this is Jim or Iain)!  We're departing from Seward, so hopefully just as easy (if not easier) than Port Liberty.

What time do you expect to be at the Seward cruise terminal (think warehouse)?  There will be virtually no lines at check in until the cruise line chartered Alaska Railroad run arrives about 5 PM or so.  That Alaska Railroad trip from Anchorage to Seward is very scenic and a significant number of passengers will book it.