Current Breakaway menus

linswi

Is there anyone that has recent MDR and specialty menus from Breakaway? We'll be on the Oct 16 sailing and we are trying to decide what nights and where to do our specialty dining nights.

If there is already a thread for this, point me in the right direction please! I did a search but mostly came up with posts about Prima. Unless those menus are the same?

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacksonx said:

I see that there is a Noodle restaurant that is included- I can't find much info about it (but my 9 year old LOOOOOOVES noodles!) 

Does anyone know what they serve, when it's open, and how it is?

Here's the menu: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/15258 NoodleBar.pdf

My experience in April is that the hours were awful - only open from 5 - 9:30 PM with a two hour line every night. We did not partake due to the line. 

The food looked great and I definitely want to try it on a future cruise!

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Here's the menu: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/15258 NoodleBar.pdf

My experience in April is that the hours were awful - only open from 5 - 9:30 PM with a two hour line every night. We did not partake due to the line. 

The food looked great and I definitely want to try it on a future cruise!

Interesting, thanks!

I was under the impression it was "included", but it looks like there is an uncharge.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, jacksonx said:

Interesting, thanks!

I was under the impression it was "included", but it looks like there is an uncharge.

Thanks again!

Oh yikes! I didn't even notice the prices - assuming they are included. It is complimentary. Let me dig around a little more. 

The menu I posted seems correct. Just ignore the prices - those are definitely the dishes we saw in April (on Getaway, not Breakaway). 

Here's a super old thread (2017) that has the same menu, without prices and I know those are the same menu items I saw that had me wanting to try Shanghai out!

13 hours ago, linswi said:

Is there anyone that has recent MDR and specialty menus from Breakaway? We'll be on the Oct 16 sailing and we are trying to decide what nights and where to do our specialty dining nights.

If there is already a thread for this, point me in the right direction please! I did a search but mostly came up with posts about Prima. Unless those menus are the same?

Thanks!

Currently, the executive chef has 14 or 21 MDR menus to select from for each cruise. The menus this week may not (and are probably not) the same next week. So, select your specialty dining menus and if the MDR is not to your liking, go to O'Sheehan's or the Garden Cafe

• Like 1

On the Breakaway last week and several days there was a noodle station in the Garden Cafe at both lunch and dinner times. Think omelette station but a chef preparing a noodle bowl with your preferred ingredients. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dandelpino said:

Does anyone know if the concierge can get you a seat at the Noodle bar to avoid the line? If not, can the butler serve the food in your cabin?

Your butler can always serve you Noodles in your stateroom. 

But I think that if you are ordering "room service", this would be better... and remember that the Prime Rib served in the Haven is the exact same as in Cagney's (comes from the Cagney's galley),,,, but is free... 

image.png.43dc96103cc39a6fa756096f9335c0c9.png

image.png.ec459df5edcb0e72908e355743b31aa9.png

image.png.6c76243c954f08aa1d3298d005beca95.png

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This is great news! In April we didn't think about asking our butler. We will definitely be asking for Noodles this month...and trust me, we will definitely be taking advantage of the Haven Restaurant!

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But I think that if you are ordering "room service", this would be better... and remember that the Prime Rib served in the Haven is the exact same as in Cagney's (comes from the Cagney's galley),,,, but is free... 

I appreciate the reply. Chinese noodles are comfort food for my wife. So while the Haven menu might be objectively higher quality, it just doesn't hit the spot quite like noodles do for her. I personally do prefer the western options offered on the Haven menu so being able to have noodles + a western option in the room at the same time is perfect.