Gluten free items?

geovet

They can make basically any meal or snack GF with advanced notice. They make GF bread and have GF pasta available as well.

If your wife is celiac or has a severe intolerance you definitely don't want to be ordering off the menu since cross contamination can't be avoided that way. Most dished in the main dining rooms are drowning is sauce that often has flour.

What you need to do is visit the maitre d' and/or concierge upon boarding to start planning your meals for the week. She will need to order her meals about a day ahead and they will be prepared GF just for her. In the buffet you will want to also ask for a mait d or manager to show you the GF options. They usually have a small GF snacks/dessert section though I'm not sure about Getaway specifically. 

She will also need to submit this form well before departure so the ship can be supplied appropriately for the week of your cruise: https://ncl.secure.force.com/AccessDeskForm/

• Like 1

My sister-in-law has celiac and loves cruising because of how well they address her food needs.  It takes a little leg work but it's so worth it.  As indicated above, contact them ahead of time using the form so that they can be properly stocked.  Go to the maitre d' at a main dining room upon arrival and they will help you with preordering.  NCL is also good about marking items that are already gluten free on their menus.  When you preorder, everything is made in a dedicated kitchen to reduce (eliminate) cross contamination.  

8 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

NCL even has gluten-free English muffins for breakfast.

My daughter had her first eggs Benedict on a cruise. If you decide to go to a MDR for lunch the person in charge will most likely come to your table.

I am gluten sensitive & had always found I had no problems choosing non-gluten items.

Last month I decided to put in my GF status to Princess & HOLY COW!

I was treated like royalty! Head waiter got to know me well (especially after 2 weeks onboard).

He very rarely said no to something I wanted; he said they couldn't do souffle the 1st week but he made sure they had the ingredients for week 2!

They bend over backward to get you what you need!

22 hours ago, dandelpino said:

They can make basically any meal or snack GF with advanced notice. They make GF bread and have GF pasta available as well.

If your wife is celiac or has a severe intolerance you definitely don't want to be ordering off the menu since cross contamination can't be avoided that way. Most dished in the main dining rooms are drowning is sauce that often has flour.

What you need to do is visit the maitre d' and/or concierge upon boarding to start planning your meals for the week. She will need to order her meals about a day ahead and they will be prepared GF just for her. In the buffet you will want to also ask for a mait d or manager to show you the GF options. They usually have a small GF snacks/dessert section though I'm not sure about Getaway specifically. 

She will also need to submit this form well before departure so the ship can be supplied appropriately for the week of your cruise: https://ncl.secure.force.com/AccessDeskForm/

Thank you so much for the link, as I wasn't exactly sure where to find it.  My daughter has Celiac and my oldest is diabetic (which I didn't even think about until seeing it on the form).  We will all be on the Joy to Bermuda in November.