World Cruises?

fudge

I am curious, there must be people on this forum who have taken a world cruise. 

Share with me please. 

Do you ever get fed up with the cruise at some point? I cannot imagine the amount of food and drink you must put away. The longest cruise we have been on was eighteen days we thought that was long. We heard of a guy who changed his wardrobe three times!

I could be tempted but, what if half way through I think "wow, I need to go home"

We love cruising but say 120 days on a cruise that is some thing else.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fudge said:

Share with me please. 

Do you ever get fed up with the cruise at some point? I cannot imagine the amount of food and drink you must put away. The longest cruise we have been on was eighteen days we thought that was long. We heard of a guy who changed his wardrobe three times!

I could be tempted but, what if half way through I think "wow, I need to go home"

I can only speak for Myster and myself.   We have taken 2 World Cruises and are booked for 2024.  Our first World Cruise was 115 days in 2016.  Our longest cruise before that was 15 days.   We didn't get fed up with the ship!  When that cruise ended we didn't want to get off the ship!  Hence the 2019 World Cruise and the booking for 2024.  We didn't eat much more than we do at home.  I gained 5 lbs and Myster gained about 10 lbs.  If you are concerned that you might stop enjoying it after 75 days you might consider taking a Grand Voyage before you book a World Cruise.  That should give you an idea of how you would fare.  😁

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fudge said:

Share with me please. 

Alternatively why not try a number of segments. We have have been on multiple segments on 5 WC’s, usually 2 but sometimes 3. We like the vibe and choose based on ports. As for weight, well maybe I’m lucky but I have yet to come home heavier. Eating sensibly, exercise and avoiding the lifts seems to work. Agree with @mystythat trying a GV may be worthwhile.

• Like 2

We've done one (shared with mysty and myster in 2019) and we are booked again for 2023.  We were also booked in 2021 but that was cancelled for the known reason. 1.Food. Clearly menus are recycled but it didn't worry me.  I don't think I ate everything I could have!  2.The length. My longest prior was 28 days, on Seabourn, and, like mysty, after 133 days we didn't want to get off. The first quarter seemed to go slowly but the last three quarters raced. 3. The company. Clearly there were people we bonded with and there some we didn't. We have maintained contact with a few people from previous cruises but with many from 2019 WC. We look forward to renewing acquaintances with some in 2023.  4.The crew.  Getting to know them well is one of our great pleasures of cruising. 5. I'm expecting a bit different experience in covid times as we'll modify our behaviour. 6. All up the best travel experience of our lives and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1