Will all Covid/Vaccine Restrictions end soon?

Hello!  We are booked to cruise on Symphony of the Seas November 12th to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Coco Cay and it's a 7 night cruise.  So excited it's only my 3rd cruise and 1st time on an Oasis class.   I am vaccinated and boosted (booster was 7-8 months ago) and I also had covid in May, my husband is fully vaccinated (last dose Sept 2021), my oldest daughter vaccinated, boosted.  My youngest daughter however absolutely is against getting the vaccine (she's 18) and had Covid in March.  I am praying that RC will soon end all restrictions...what do you think the odds are?  If they don't change anything, she would have to get vaccine sometime in September to have enough time to complete them.  I just hate her to have to do something she really doesn't want just to cruise...and then they drop the requirement a month later. Thanks for any input...I was excited for the "announcement" after 8/14...but I'm afraid it was just what they announced they were dropping from certain ports.  We are cruising out of Miami...so those do not help us at all!!

Edited by dmfleischmann
  • Thanks 1

1. No one knows

2. There are plenty of other threads where this very question has been asked and inevitably half the comments get deleted because it turns into pro/anti-vaccine/mask Covid crap, usually by the same half dozen people who just want their posts up for an hour so they can feel all righteous.

3. If your daughter is so anti-vaccine, then either support her by not going on the cruise or have her not get the vaccine and stay home (in which case, good for her for standing by her principles).  I've been vaccinated and boosted, and believe I did the right thing for myself, but I would have mega-respect for her if she chose to stand by her beliefs and stay home.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It's anyone's guess at this point and it's not only up to Royal.  Royal has to work with their partners in other countries to see what the requirements are for various ports.  

Yes, I understand that.  Just thinking since NCL was able to do it...RC should be able to as well.  Here's to hoping they decide soon!

• Like 1

Just now, Husky1987 said:

1. No one knows

2. There are plenty of other threads where this very question has been asked and inevitably half the comments get deleted because it turns into pro/anti-vaccine/mask Covid crap, usually by the same half dozen people who just want their posts up for an hour so they can feel all righteous.

3. If your daughter is so anti-vaccine, then either support her by not going on the cruise or have her not get the vaccine and stay home (in which case, good for her for standing by her principles).  I've been vaccinated and boosted, and believe I did the right thing for myself, but I would have mega-respect for her if she chose to stand by her beliefs and stay home.

1. Obviously no one knows...was just trying to get some thoughts (hope lol)

2.  Tired of the debate 😀

3.  I always support her...when we booked, I thought for sure all these restrictions would be lifted. I'm a nurse, been vaccinated and boosted.  Just stinks that she has to do something she is afraid to do...but she really wants to go on this cruise.  Just praying they make a decision by the end of September so she doesnt have to make that difficult decision. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dmfleischmann said:

Just praying they make a decision by the end of September so she doesnt have to make that difficult decision. 

In all seriousness... I think you will have your answer before the end of September.  Things are changing rapidly.  New announcements are coming out every week.  I wouldn't worry she won't have clarity by then.  My guess is she will be sailing with you in Nov.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dmfleischmann said:

I always support her...when we booked, I thought for sure all these restrictions would be lifted. I'm a nurse, been vaccinated and boosted.  Just stinks that she has to do something she is afraid to do...but she really wants to go on this cruise.  Just praying they make a decision by the end of September so she doesnt have to make that difficult decision. 

Totally understand that.

One of my best friends has a couple daughters (college age), who had the opportunity to do a semester in Spain, which was one of their pre-Covid dreams, but would have required them to be vaccinated.  They both did a lot of studying, ultimately decided to not get it and thus weren't able to go.  It's the right choice for some and not the right one for others.  Only you and your daughter can decide that.  

I do hope Royal comes to their senses before your cruise, and you are able to enjoy a family vacation.

• Like 3

Carnival and NCL and their lines have dropped testing and vaccine requirements, except to where they are required. If Roya wants to have over100% occupancy, the'd better fall in line or get left behind.Who knows. mayby the'd actually like the other lines better

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If your casual/first time cruiser is looking for a cruise vacation and all else being equal, seeing "you don't need to take a test" on Carnival or NCL's website for that 7 night cruise is going to be an easy tiebreaker to eliminate RC.

RC has to change its tune soon.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Odds are very good the mandates will go poof in August and September.

I’m unvaccinated and I’ve stopped harassing the cruise lines and started harassing the countries.

If they don’t want me in 2022, I won’t ever step foot in their ports again even if the cruises do.

I am getting a list of country phone numbers and email numbers for unvaccinated cruisers to contact.

I would love to see this list so I can as well! Thanks!

• Like 1