Celebrity St Lucia tour - Ladera Resort

mickey89

We did a trip to Ladera with another cruise line.  It was a bit different than Celebrity’s (we took a boat both ways and just had lunch, no tour of the resort) but the lunch at their restaurant Dasheene was fantastic and the views of the Pitons were incredible.  It was a highlight of our cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LisaDee said:

We did a trip to Ladera with another cruise line.  It was a bit different than Celebrity’s (we took a boat both ways and just had lunch, no tour of the resort) but the lunch at their restaurant Dasheene was fantastic and the views of the Pitons were incredible.  It was a highlight of our cruise.

I just looked on our cruise for November, ride to resort. Lunch and tour there snd then sail back with beach stop. For two, $500. Sounds like you do think it’s worth the $?

When in St Lucia last three years ago a nice tour to Dolittles Bay. I don’t see that anymore. Anyone know what happened?

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

I just looked on our cruise for November, ride to resort. Lunch and tour there snd then sail back with beach stop. For two, $500. Sounds like you do think it’s worth the $?

That was the purpose of the post.

It probably would be a one off experience seeing the Pitons from the land and sea and to have lunch in an unbelievable setting in one of the most prestigious hotels in the Caribbean.

3 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Had Ladera booked for the Celebrity cruise I just canceled. It did look inviting. However, I think I would have preferred Jade Mountain resort for a private tour and lunch. Have you checked into that?

Thanks for your thoughts - Jade Mountain Resort is not offered as an option by Celebrity.  If it were I think Ladera Resort is in a far better location with a photographer’s eye.

44 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

That was the purpose of the post.

It probably would be a one off experience seeing the Pitons from the land and sea and to have lunch in an unbelievable setting in one of the most prestigious hotels in the Caribbean.

Agreed.  It’s the most we’ve ever spent on an excursion for just 2 of us (I think in Alaska our float plane wasn’t even that much) but it was a special one time visit, wonderfully enjoyable and we have terrific photos and memories.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:17 PM, mickey89 said:

Has anyone taken the Celebrity Tour - Ladera Resort VIP Experience

Although expensive is it worth the money and what was the tour like.

Any comments from those that have done this tour.  Thanks for any feedback

Have just seen your post on this. 
We had booked Spencer’s land and sea tour but hubby thinks that the speedboat won’t be good for his back. 
We’ve just rebooked for this one instead as it’s quite attractive with the 35% discount now 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

We had booked Spencer’s land and sea tour but hubby thinks that the speedboat won’t be good for his back. 
We’ve just rebooked for this one instead as it’s quite attractive with the 35% discount now 😊

Yes, that’s about $100 cheaper than discount when I booked. But to get savings I need to cancel and rebook and that’s risks it not being available.

8 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Yes, that’s about $100 cheaper than discount when I booked. But to get savings I need to cancel and rebook and that’s risks it not being available.

8 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

From experience, if you refresh the page it usually releases your booking back into the system right away. Maybe worth a call though to do it over the phone if that makes you nervous

16 hours ago, rachiem said:

Hi rach........ just a word of caution, the journey by road from Castries to the Pitons may well be worse than the speedboat. We did the journey over 10 years ago and the condition of the road surface together with it being so winding thro' mountainous terrain would give me concerns if I had a suspect back.  Suggest you ask the Excursion Deck when aboard for their opinion of the current road condition as you get 24hour buffer to cancel for a full refund..... regards

Edited by mickey89

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Hi rach........ just a word of caution, the journey by road from Castries to the Pitons may well be worse than the speedboat. We did the journey over 10 years ago and the condition of the road surface together with it being so winding thro' mountainous terrain would give me concerns if I had a suspect back.  Suggest you ask the Excursion Deck when aboard for their opinion of the current road condition as you get 24hour buffer to cancel for a full refund..... regards

Thanks Mickey, I didn't realise that.

I will ask to see if anyone is going soon and see what there opinion is.

Someone confirmed that the speedboat was really bumpy so thought that would be a good option 😞

Thanks again, appreciate all your help!

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, Virginia100 said:

Thanks to all who discussed this tour. Just booked it for the two of us going on the Millennium November 5 cruise out of San Juan. Without the input here I might have passed!

Would it be possible to feedback whether you think the drive back from the resort is really bumpy?

Hubby is having a Level 2 spinal fusion and we wanted to pick a tour that's not too "jolty"

44 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Would it be possible to feedback whether you think the drive back from the resort is really bumpy?

Hubby is having a Level 2 spinal fusion and we wanted to pick a tour that's not too "jolty"

I’ll post my review but the ride back is on a Catamaran from the dock at the bottom of the resort with a beach break. I’ll let you know how the ride to the resort goes.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

I’ll post my review but the ride back is on a Catamaran from the dock at the bottom of the resort with a beach break. I’ll let you know how the ride to the resort goes.

Thank you...I wasn't sure if you had to get both ways via the road. 

Have a lovely trip