Shops on Iona

gteach

1 hour ago, david63 said:

Unless Iona is significantly different to the other ships then the answer is - expensive

I am hoping there is somewhere that I can buy lemonade? 😄 Hoping to take advantage of bringing the alcohol allowance onto the ship when we board so I can live off gin for the week instead of their prices!

35 minutes ago, gteach said:

I am hoping there is somewhere that I can buy lemonade

Never seen bottles of lemonade, or anything similar, on sale in the shops of any ship - why would they let you buy something cheaper in the shops than they sell in the bars?

You can, of course, buy bottles of lemonade when in port and take them on board with you.

You can't buy mixers from the shops on board, but you can buy them from room service, delivered to your cabin but they are at bar prices. I would suggest taking a couple of small cans with you when you board. And then restock at your first port of call.

3 hours ago, gteach said:

Hi all,

Another one from me - I just have so many questions!

What types of shops do they have onboard? 

P&O website is somewhat ambiguous!

Thanks!

There is Jewellers,Perfume/cosmetics/aftershave, Joule's/clothing,ships merchandise/toiletries/spirits,small bookstore.

You missed Pandora, watches and technology (think small version of airport Dixsons).

Another thing was that each store had a sale at some point, 10-25%, so don't rush to buy.

Given the onboard laundry I  expected to be able to buy detergent somewhere but couldn't find it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hollers said:

Get yourself 1 or 2 mixer packs from your local supermarket and put them in your fridge once onboard. They did very well for us to go with the bottles of Gin and Malibu we took on with us at Southampton.

PXL_20220728_181310271.jpg

PXL_20220729_185801810.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ah didnt stop to think that I can take as much soft drink on with us! Thanks! aha

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Riddoch said:

There is one of the YouTubers that have been on Iona recently had an entire suitcase of cans to facilitate their diet coke addiction.

Mixers in their boxes were fine in the suitcases (we have never had a problem there), just the 2 litres of alcohol in the hand luggage (2 small rucsacs very useful). 

2 hours ago, Riddoch said:

You missed Pandora, watches and technology (think small version of airport Dixsons).

Another thing was that each store had a sale at some point, 10-25%, so don't rush to buy.

Given the onboard laundry I  expected to be able to buy detergent somewhere but couldn't find it.

Certain days all the perfumes and cosmetics were Buy 1 get 1 Half Price when we were on Iona in March.

On 8/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, Riddoch said:

There is one of the YouTubers that have been on Iona recently had an entire suitcase of cans to facilitate their diet coke addiction.

Ha ha, I'm likely to take a crate of 24 pepsi max cans on! Other than alcohol, that's all I drink, as I don't like hot drinks.