Hotel For Princess Departure San Francisco?

LTCSteve

Just now, LTCSteve said:

I will be sailing on the Princess from San Francisco in October...Could someone recommend a hotel with airport transfer that also offers transport to the cruise terminal? Thanks a lot!

I live here and would be surprised if you found a hotel with transfers to the hotel and to Pier 27.  
SFO is actually not in the City of San Francisco.  You could always find a hotel near the airport and they will transfer you to and from SFO.  From there, you can always take the BART train (Bay Area Rapid Transit) from the airport to the Embarcadero station.  It is about a mile walk to the pier from there.  It’s all flat along the waterfront but you will have to drag your luggage unless you get an Uber or taxi.  Or you can just book a room at the Hyatt at the Embarcadero, which is what I’d do if you want to tour the City.  It’s just a short walk from the BART station if coming directly from the airport.  BART also goes into SF from OAK (Oakland), which is on the other side of the Bay Bridge.  I would not recommend you stay near the Oakland airport, though.  

Pier 27 is pretty much right in there in the middle of the Embarcadero in the City and not separated out from the rest of the City like in LA or Fort Lauderdale.  
You might be able to get a pedi cab from the hotel to the pier but it also may depend on how much luggage you have.  Anyway, those are my suggestions.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LTCSteve said:

I will be sailing on the Princess from San Francisco in October...Could someone recommend a hotel with airport transfer that also offers transport to the cruise terminal? Thanks a lot!

Most of the larger hotels will have airport pickups either exclusive to the hotel or a shared shuttle that makes stops at various hotels.  The type of hotel would be determined by your allocated budget.  If it is a hotel that does not have a shuttle, you can always use a cab or ride-share service.  As for transportation to the pier, a frugal friend of mine figured out that it was more convenient and cheaper to use Uber than to go back to the airport to catch the more expensive Princess transfer to the port.

42 minutes ago, LTCSteve said:

We just stayed at a hotel near the SFO airport, they’re are a lot of choices, read reviews and try a search on booking dot com or similar site.  Most all have free airport shuttle and/or free breakfast. 

Unless, you want a hotel near the port to do sightseeing?  They are quite expensive, just depends in your budget.

We came in the day before and just needed a quick hotel. Then, next morning took an Uber to the Pier.  Easy. 

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which is within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel did not have a transfer from the airport, nor did it have a transfer to the pier. It did have lots of people that were on our ship. There were a few other hotels very close to our hotel. We took a group transfer from SFO to the hotel and a taxi to the pier with no issues. We were satisfied with this hotel. 

We take BART into the city, then it’s maybe a 10 minute walk to the SF Hilton in the financial district (which is really right by Chinatown so that’s fun) then it’s maybe a 15 minute walk to the pier from the hotel. But we only bring carry on luggage so it’s easy to walk. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LTCSteve said:

Could someone recommend a hotel with airport transfer that also offers transport to the cruise terminal? Thanks a lot!

No such place exists. All the hotels next to the airport have shuttles to and from, but none will go to the pier. I don't actually know any SF hotels that have shuttles to the pier. There just isn't that much cruise business in SF.

Best to say what your budget is for a hotel for the night and if you want to be by the pier or by the airport.

22 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Best to say what your budget is for a hotel for the night and if you want to be by the pier or by the airport.

Agreed, there are none that meet that criteria.  What time are you getting in and how much in advance of sailing?  Day of the week makes a big difference also.  Surprisingly hotels in SF are usually much cheaper on weekends than weekdays when they cater to the business/conference crowd.  If flying in late with a long flight then I would stay at or by the airport and go to the port the next day. 

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE