Queen Mary 2 - Britannia & Club Menus - Platinum Jubilee & June 6 to 11, 2022

D&N

I only asked for copies of menus in 2nd week of our crossings, having wrongly assumed they would automatically be presented on final night of trip as we had experienced on other lines.

I've scanned the following as PDFs:

QM2 Platinum Jubilee Gala Dinner Menu June 3 2022
QM2 Britannia & Club Dinner Menus June 6 to 11 2022
QM2 Britannia & Club Lunch Menus June 6 to 11 2022

I think they are in the order served. Red & Gold has that colour of border. We didn't get a copy of Britannia Club A la Carte, but had Duck, Lamb & Sole once each and Flambé Du Jour a few times (Suzette, Cherries, Pineapple).

QM2 Platinum Jubilee Gala Dinner Menu June 3 2022.pdf QM2 Britannia & Club Dinner Menus June 6 to 11 2022.pdf QM2 Britannia & Club Lunch Menus June 6 to 11 2022.pdf

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, D&N said:

I've scanned the following as PDFs:

Thanks for posting these!  Many, many good sounding choices with a few that are new to me.  The Jubilee Celebration Dinner sounded extraordinarily good.  I wonder how the "Coronation Chicken" compared to "chicken"?  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting these!  Many, many good sounding choices with a few that are new to me.  The Jubilee Celebration Dinner sounded extraordinarily good.  I wonder how the "Coronation Chicken" compared to "chicken"?  

Coronation Chicken is a dish specially created for the Coronation in 1953, supposedly using ingredients that were readily available in times of rationing, apart from the chicken itself. It is a cold chicken mayonnaise salad concoction. I don’t like it, but it has been the staple of many picnics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

We didn't have it or see anyone around us being served it. But it clearly stated "original 1953 recipe". Therefore it should have been prepared as detailed in this link:   http://thedabbler.co.uk/2012/06/constance-sprys-original-coronation-chicken/

It should have contained at least 75% poached chicken, and been somewhat different from the paste sold as sandwich filler in supermarkets.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, D&N said:

We didn't have it or see anyone around us being served it. But it clearly stated "original 1953 recipe". Therefore it should have been prepared as detailed in this link:   http://thedabbler.co.uk/2012/06/constance-sprys-original-coronation-chicken/

It should have contained at least 75% poached chicken, and been somewhat different from the paste sold as sandwich filler in supermarkets.

Thanks. Red wine and double cream! Very lush for 1953! And chicken was very much a luxury item, as I remember all too well. Despite this, I do think it was supposed to be something more or less anyone could make.

• Like 1

I have a sailing in Britannia scheduled on the QE.  Do you think the menus will be similar.  Also, I know I will not be able to go off the menu however in the MDR are they usually willing to not add something?  For example, not add croutons to the salad.  Most mainstream cruise lines do this.

7 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I have a sailing in Britannia scheduled on the QE.  Do you think the menus will be similar.  Also, I know I will not be able to go off the menu however in the MDR are they usually willing to not add something?  For example, not add croutons to the salad.  Most mainstream cruise lines do this.

We were in Britannia Club, although I would be surprised if basic requests couldn't be catered for in MDR.  My wife certainly recalls asking for a main without potatoes and receiving extra vegetables instead.

11 hours ago, exlondoner said:

It is a cold chicken mayonnaise salad concoction.

Didn't realize that it was a cold concoction.

7 hours ago, D&N said:

Thank you for your information and the link to the recipe.  Based on the Chicken Salad that I purchase from my grocers, it surely is different.  

• 5 months later...