Bermuda Vaccination Policy,, possible change on cruise

newtocruisingcdn

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Good idea, but no.

Per our friends in Bermuda:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. 

Perhaps a few cooks could be 'deputized' by the medical staff? 😉

They really are making it difficult.   Been to Bermuda twice and had no intentions of every going again.  Hope that is the case.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Whatever they do, I hope they let us know 30+ days before so we don't go out and get the Travel Authorization and then not go.

I assume I can get it a week before as well, ie I don't have to rush to order at the 30 day mark?

They encourage applying as soon as the application is available to handle all the applications. Those who have delayed even a week are usually on here and Facebook complaining  that they have not been approved blah, blah. blah and having to wait on hold an hour or two to get the approval. The long hold times are a result of passengers procrastinating  and then freaking out because they are leaving in a week and have not been approved. It does not seem like any have been denied but it causes a great deal of stress. If you wait a week before you are going to be on the phone for sure trying to get through. 

Edited by Charles4515

I agree with the views that for us on a TA since we will have to be tested prior to arrival in Bermuda that I’d rather not go. But I have been on two cruises that stopped there and really enjoy it. Very different from most of the islands we visit and would miss touring it. 

but with that said, with the current requirements I’d opt to miss it. Since the Edge goes on to FLL, I’d rather just have another sea day. The obvious replacement is Nassau.now That is a port Id rather not make…..except I might get a spa massage discount they give for booking one in port since I don’t go ashore there. 

Den

I just read the page on the Bermuda website.  First sentence says that nothing has changed for vaccinated passengers, and later it states that cruises with more than 4 days between embarkation and Bermuda have the following requirement:  

Cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. 

So that's the current state of things.

7 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I just read the page on the Bermuda website.  First sentence says that nothing has changed for vaccinated passengers, and later it states that cruises with more than 4 days between embarkation and Bermuda have the following requirement:  

Cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port:

So that's the current state of things.

Yes, and that has been the state of things for several months. So unless the change to allowing unvaxxed passengers to also disembark messes up Celebrity's processes, we have to assume they have planned for this testing all along. I think it is more likely than not that we do stop in Bermuda.

• Like 1

Just spent 30 min on the phone with Celebrity.

Was hoping for some clarification prior to boarding the Beyond on 10/26.

Rep took me to the Government of Bermuda site with an update from June 3.

He was sure that a negative pre-embarkation test would be accepted for admission to Bermuda.

Not saying he is correct, but he sounded pretty confident. 

5 minutes ago, jmdlv1 said:

Just spent 30 min on the phone with Celebrity.

Was hoping for some clarification prior to boarding the Beyond on 10/26.

Rep took me to the Government of Bermuda site with an update from June 3.

He was sure that a negative pre-embarkation test would be accepted for admission to Bermuda.

Not saying he is correct, but he sounded pretty confident. 

The reps don't know anything.   At this point, I think X is  waiting to see if there are further updates.  

Edited by abbydancer

On 8/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, Charles4515 said:

Reading the above I think you all need to take Celebrity at their word. There will be no change. Also in my experience if they do change you will get a letter at embarkation even if they know a month in advance.......

I do and I’ll be prepared to show up and get tested. Not that big of a deal. And one of the Main reasons Bermuda doesnt follow so many other locations is being an Island, it is able to control a bit better how communicable diseases are brought in….and yes, other islands have opened up, but not our call or how a country wants to expose their communities. And yes, dont know…or care….how Bermuda handles other ways of entry.

den