The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 21st, 2022

richwmn

What a wild day this has been!  My phone has been going crazy with alerts.  The smoke alarms have decided to go crazy. Our mailbox fell apart.  The rain sounded more like hail and the back yard is one big pond.  I thought the trees were going to fall over and hit the house.

The emergency alerts told us to stay indoors and not go out unless we were in danger of flooding.

Unbelievably, the electricity did not go out.

So there you go.

That is what our Sunday was like.

Hope everyone is okay.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 12

Just got back from the grocery store run.  There was a man going up the aisles while we were going down the aisles, and i noticed on the bottom of the cart there was a small animal carrier.  At one point i stopped him and asked what was in the animal carrier.  He said he works for animal rescue and someone had called about a guinea pig in one of the county parks.  He drove up and got two of them.

Who would leave guinea pigs out in a park during the worst rains that we have had all summer?  And just as he said that the skies opened up again, and the rain just poured!   It stopped on the way home, behind us the sky cleared, a rainbow appeared up the street, and then the rain came pouring down again.  Now I hear thunder in the distance.

I finished the book, then tomorrow get up, fix breakfast, fix the salad for book club and walk the darn dog, and then rush downtown to the book club, then rush back home, and go to work.  Two more weeks of dog walking, and then I'm done,  Get at least some of my life back.  Yippee.

my dearest @ger_77 I hope you didn't' think I was making light of you losing your friend.  I did not mean to, but in hind sight, I may have sounded trite.  I am very sorry that you lost your friend,  and I wish you and your DH nothing  but happy and joyful memories of her.

@Cruzin Terriour weather prediction for tonight sounds a bit like your day.  by the way i would leave the house if a tree fell on it.  We are surrounded by tall pines, and when we get high winds I often sleep on the sofa in the den, not in the bedroom near the tall and very close to house pines.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The yard sale cleared just short of $900, with no rain until just before the end. I don't know whether the volunteers were pleased (I thought they should be), or disappointed, but as worn out by talking with them all day.

I'm not prepared, in either practical or mental terms, to leave for a cruise on Wednesday. I can deal with the practical issues, probably not with the mental ones.

• Like 10