Post Sept. 6 No pre board testing question.

cruisetheworld67

I know from the HAL website that after Sept. 6 cruises less than 16 days will no longer require  pre boarding testing if fully vaccinated.

As this was the only requirement holding us back from  resuming cruising; just to clarify:

If my wife and I both received the initial 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine ( last year) and then each one booster; we have met this requirement and do not need to test prior to a cruise after Sept. 6 that is less than 16 days.

Is this correct? We did not get a second booster.  Just 3 shots  each.   Thank you.

• Vaccinated guests must provide evidence of vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required. 
  • Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation. 

You will likely be considered UNVACCINATED - as you do not meet the FULLY Vaccinated requirements. (4 shots)

3 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

From the HAL FAQ page:

Updated) Am I still considered fully vaccinated if I did not get a booster shot?

Yes – guests are still considered fully vaccinated with completion of a primary vaccination series at least 14 days before embarkation.

Based on that it sounds like you would be.

32 minutes ago, jphks said:

• Vaccinated guests must provide evidence of vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required. 
  • Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation. 

You will likely be considered UNVACCINATED - as you do not meet the FULLY Vaccinated requirements. (4 shots)

I've seen a few people also state that fully vaccinated in 4 shots.  Where is that written?  I believe I read that fully vaccinated was the initial shots.  

2 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

I know from the HAL website that after Sept. 6 cruises less than 16 days will no longer require  pre boarding testing if fully vaccinated.

As this was the only requirement holding us back from  resuming cruising; just to clarify:

If my wife and I both received the initial 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine ( last year) and then each one booster; we have met this requirement and do not need to test prior to a cruise after Sept. 6 that is less than 16 days.

Is this correct? We did not get a second booster.  Just 3 shots  each.   Thank you.

Where did you see that cruises less than 16 days don’t require a test? 
When I look at the HAL website I see the following:

Are fully vaccinated guests required to take a pre-travel COVID-19 test?

Yes.  All guests age 2 and older are required to take a pre-travel COVID-19 test.  The type and timing of the test is dependent on the embarkation country and vaccination status.

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

I've seen a few people also state that fully vaccinated in 4 shots.  Where is that written?  I believe I read that fully vaccinated was the initial shots.  

From what I read on the HAL website for "USA and Canada", fully vaccinated does not include the boosters....I strongly recommend that everyone review the great FAQ and info on the HAL website:

www.hollandamerica.com

This is under the topic about what vaccinations are accepted (w/no reference to boosters or 4 shots or whatever).

We only accept vaccines that are approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA, or the World Health Organization, or the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Some countries and regions on the itinerary may only accept vaccines approved by their regulatory agencies.

VACCINE DOSE
Pfizer (Comirnaty / BioNTech) 2
Moderna (Spikevax) 2
Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) 1
AstraZeneca (Covishield / Vaxzevria) 2
Sinopharm (Vero Cell) 2
Sinovac (CoronaVac) 2
Covaxin 2
Novavax (Covovax / Nuvaxovid) 2

Also, to further confirm that boosters are not required, here is the FAQ regarding "boosters"...."strongly encourage" is not a requirement......and as we all know, the science tends to change frequently. 

We strongly encourage all people to receive a booster dose as soon as they are eligible. Boosters strongly protect against infections, severe illness, hospitalization and death. 

Boosters may be required by certain health authorities on the itinerary or required on specific voyages. New vaccination entry requirements can change without notice, so we encourage all guests keep their vaccination status up to date.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I thought only older folks 50+ in age were allowed to get the 2nd booster shot.

There are exceptions depending on what country you are from and other medical factors and comorbidities.

For example, my 46-year-old daughter has a compromised immune system and she got two boosters as soon as they were available.