Izumi - is this mainly Hibachi with an ala carte sushi menu?

My son wants to go to Izumi for good sushi vs. the Jade selection in the Windjammer. I’m confused about the restaurant. Is it Hibachi with an ala cart sushi menu? I don’t want to go to or pay for Hibachi. All that spatula flying around makes me uncomfortable. My son just wants some good sushi.  I’m thinking lunch would be a good option. Anyone have any information? Thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harley-Davidson_Family said:

My son wants to go to Izumi for good sushi vs. the Jade selection in the Windjammer. I’m confused about the restaurant. Is it Hibachi with an ala cart sushi menu? I don’t want to go to or pay for Hibachi. All that spatula flying around makes me uncomfortable. My son just wants some good sushi.  I’m thinking lunch would be a good option. Anyone have any information? Thanks 

2 separate restaurants.  Izumi is one (Sushi) and Hibachi is the other.  While dining at Hibachi you can order for an upcharge items off the sushi menu. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While dining at Hibachi you can order for an upcharge items off the sushi menu. 

And just to be clear if you have the UDP and using it for Hibachi if you order some rolls too is it an up charge or allowed under the UDP with a cap not to go over?

Edited by Sea Dog

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

And just to be clear if you have the UDP and using it for Hibachi if you order some rolls too is it an up charge or allowed under the UDP with a cap not to go over?

It will be an upcharge.  Dining at Hibachi only covers that restaurant. Hibachi already has a $10 upcharge. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be an upcharge.  Dining at Hibachi only covers that restaurant. Hibachi already has a $10 upcharge. 

Thanks for clearing this up because it seems confusing. What would be the up charge portion for Izumi if getting a roll or two with the Hibachi?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for clearing this up because it seems confusing. What would be the up charge portion for Izumi if getting a roll or two with the Hibachi?

Most of the rolls are large plates so $12 to $15.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Most of the rolls are large plates so $12 to $15.  

Thanks Ken. I think what I will do is one night Hibachi with the UDP and the $10 up charge and then just go back to Izumi for lunch one day where it's covered under the UDP with it's "small plate" two "large plates" plus dessert, option. 

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Ken. I think what I will do is one night Hibachi with the UDP and the $10 up charge and then just go back to Izumi for lunch one day where it's covered under the UDP with it's "small plate" two "large plates" plus dessert, option. 

Lots of food at Hibachi.  The $10 upcharge gets you 2 proteins. 

• Like 1

The rolls were not that great, but the Poke Bowl was amazing!  The tempura shrimp and veggies were also really good.  There is a Prix Fixe menu now.  You can order any priced appetizer, two main courses (rolls, poke bowls, noodles dishes, etc) and a dessert for your $35 allowance under the UDP.  If you are paying per roll, you can get the roll options and prices online.

When you walk into Izumi, one side is the Habachi and the other side is just a restaurant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harley-Davidson_Family said:

Which ship?

28 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

The rolls were not that great, but the Poke Bowl was amazing!

That's interesting, I participated in the Sushi & Sake Lunch and I thought it was incredible. The pairings and the fact that we had the entire restaurant to our small group of about 20 people who signed up made for a great experience.

18 minutes ago, notscb said:

That's interesting, I participated in the Sushi & Sake Lunch and I thought it was incredible. The pairings and the fact that we had the entire restaurant to our small group of about 20 people who signed up made for a great experience.

Maybe it was just the rolls we chose.  We tried about four.  They were good but not amazing.   

@Cyndi874 it looked like the folks who wanted just sushi were being sat at the sushi bar itself (which is a really neat experience IMHO). I don't remember seeing any tables that weren't surrounded by a hibachi station, but I could be remembering wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

2 separate restaurants.  Izumi is one (Sushi) and Hibachi is the other.  While dining at Hibachi you can order for an upcharge items off the sushi menuI'm j. 

I'm just off Independence OTS, four night. On deck 4, just outside of Schooner Bar, there is the Izumi restaurant. There was only one sign outside that said, "Izumi". When we made our reservation, we specified that we wanted to sit at a Hibachi table. In fact, hubby made the reservation and I think they asked him if he wanted to sit at the Hibachi table. I can only assume that depending on where you sit in the restaurant, there are different charges.

There is a Sushi bar with bar stools and a couple of tables set up to dine on Sushi. Hope that helps the original poster.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1