Discovery Princess Anniversary Suggestions

MattnTricia

I am looking for some anniversary suggestions for our upcoming November Discovery Princess Cruise.

We will be doing all Specialty Restaurants suring the cruise and my wife is just assuming we will be doing the crown grill for dinner on our anniversary. 

We are more or less Princess Newbie's with only one cruise under our belt many moons ago. 

1) Any better idea than Crown Grill ?  

2)Anyway to make Crown Grill more Special?  

3)Any suggestions for after dinner?

I am typically pretty good at surprises but I am struggling a bit on this one . 

Any ideas / Suggestions would be appreciated. 

We are a late 40's couple and we are celebrating our 1st Anniversary. 

Do you have a cabin with a larger than standard balcony?

Especially if you do, and if you like Crown Grill Surf and Turf, book the Ultimate Balcony Dinner

Or, how about you book the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, followed by a special Spa experience.

I believe that Princess does offer some kind of Anniversary Package... look on your booking on the Princess website, or on your App to check that out.

I don't have any huge ideas coming to mind for at night after dinner....

Perhaps you could have your stateroom attendant do a special job at turndown, bring in flowers that you have ordered, wine or champagne...  that kind of thing?

• Like 3

Also, I assume you do know about Bistro Sur la Mer.  

I do not know, but that might offer a bit more unique/special experience than Crown Grill.

In either case, I would let the restaurant know that this is an anniversary dinner, and if there happens to be anything they can do to make is more special.  They would probably offer a special cake or dessert.  I don't know if you could arrange anything in addition to that.

• Like 1

Great ideas @Wishing on a star!  I love the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and maybe a couples Massage prior to dinner?  That would be a nice surprise.

My DH drops by the gift shop and orders flowers for our room.

You can pre order champagne and/or 

Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the cruise personalizer Princess website.

• Like 2

Guest Oldcruisepest

Mattnday,

If the day works out go for the chef's table lumiere. Also do the renewal of vows. We like the Crown Grill but love Sabatini's. 

My vote goes to the Crown Grill or the Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience.  I do not think Sur La Mer is a very romantic setting.  
you can order something special for your room for after dinner.  I’ve seen where they’ve decorated the rooms with two swan towel animals (it is more romantic that it sounds) and rose petals on the bed.  You can order flowers a bottle of champagne to be delivered as well.  
A gift card in the room for a spa treatment is also very special.  
Happy 1st anniversary, btw!  Nice way to celebrate!  

If you want to really blow her away order a bottle of Pétrus with dinner. It won't set you back more than $5,288 (plus 18% gratuity). 😲

(Of course when she finds out what the wine cost you might end up single again...)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Do you have a cabin with a larger than standard balcony?

We’ve greatly enjoyed the UBD on any size of balcony including the smaller 9’x4’ on Royal-class ships many times. 

That’s one foot of less depth than standard balconies on their other classes of ships. Once when sailing from Santorini in early December it was too cold & windy and we still greatly enjoyed the UBD inside looking out the closed glass balcony doors. Others will feel differently but for us all of them have been great…from 9’x9’ to 9’x4’.

‘mattnday’ the UBD would be my first choice followed by the Chefs Table & the Winemakers Dinner…happy anniversary. Although don’t expect Princess to do anything special…nothing was done for our 50th.