Updated Testing Protocols (Europe)

I got an email from RC yesterday. In it was the following:

Testing
Pre-cruise
All guests ages 12 and up, regardless of vaccination status, must present a negative COVID-19 test result from either:

An antigen test taken no more than 48 hours prior to sailing

A PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to sailing.

I noticed the slight change in terminology. I've always been led to believe that it is 2 days or 48 hours prior to boarding day. We sail on a Wednesday at 5pm, so I've booked my test for the Monday morning. The boarding day doesn't count.

However, 48 hours prior to sailing rather than sailing day suggests a test no earlier than 5pm on the Monday.

Is the dropping of the word 'day' just semantics and nothing to worry about?

That's odd. My update states that "Guests 12 and up, who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date, must present a negative test from either: Antigen test no more than 24 hours prior to sailing......or a PCR no more than 72 hours prior to sailing."

"Guests who are up-to-date and kids aged 11 and under do not have to test pre-cruise."

• Like 1

If your cruise visits Greece then testing remains. I too got the email and was confused (but not surprised) that RCCL managed to word things differently again. I'm thinking it may just be bad wording as previous updates as this would make the pre-cruise testing requirements harder for us rather than easier which I don't see a reason for doing. I would think the 2 days before boarding day is the true message and hopefully will be rectified soon!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pretzlaff said:

Does anyone know yet how you will 'prove' that you took an at-home unsupervised test and got a negative result.  Do you just sign a statement to the effect, or are people going to show up with a negative test thingy.

You can take a photo of it, or else just bring it. 

We are taking a cruise on Odyssey next month. We get off on Friday morning. We then are getting onto Brilliance on Sunday. (Both cruises visit Greece. ) Will we be able to test on Odyssey for the Brilliance cruise?

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

You can take a photo of it, or else just bring it. 

You can just imagine how thrilled port staff are going to be having to look at people's actual test cartridges, can't you? 😂

• Haha 1