My Time Dining Question...?

33 minutes ago, TwoWestAussies said:

Just been reading this thread, how do I go about changing from My time Dining to Time dining, as we are cuising in March 2023 and noticed my time dining starts at 6:45, which in my opinion is way to late to sit down to eat, I expect to be seated at a bar at this time 🙂

Can I do it myself or do I need to contact Royal Caribbean (we booked direct)

Thank You

You will need to call Royal and ask them to change it.  Then ask them to send you a new Booking Confirmation so you can see that the change is reflected properly on the documentation.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

You will need to call Royal and ask them to change it. 

or your TA can change it. That's what I did. I had no idea that the times had been adjusted later and so moved to early TD seating. I don't see the change from MTD on "my calendar" on the app, but it does say TD 5:00 under the profile section and that MDR location and time will be on the reservation card in the stateroom. I also, however, would like a new booking confirmation reflecting the change. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

6 hours ago, TwoWestAussies said:

Just been reading this thread, how do I go about changing from My time Dining to Time dining, as we are cuising in March 2023 and noticed my time dining starts at 6:45, which in my opinion is way to late to sit down to eat, I expect to be seated at a bar at this time 🙂

Thank You

It is good that you found out about the issue in plenty if time to make a new decision.  You’ll need to call to change dining.  You can use the main number or the C&A number.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

or your TA can change it. That's what I did. I had no idea that the times had been adjusted later and so moved to early TD seating. I don't see the change from MTD on "my calendar" on the app, but it does say TD 5:00 under the profile section and that MDR location and time will be on the reservation card in the stateroom. I also, however, would like a new booking confirmation reflecting the change. 

That would be fine, except for the fact that the person already said that they BOOKED DIRECT, which means they don't have a TA:

6 hours ago, TwoWestAussies said:

That's why I told them they need to call Royal... because they booked with Royal. 

If you book with a TA, you call the TA.  If you book with Royal, you call Royal.  

• Like 1

Just got an emailed reply from the dining staff confirming a table for 2 - #920 on deck 5 of the Adventure.  I replied asking if the table is at a window, and they replied within seconds indicating that it is. Sounds good. Probably still not a bad idea to stop by the MDR once we board to confirm the table reservation. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 5:14 PM, mitz18 said:

Well I don’t see a prob with transparency but under your scenario they should either not allow reservations for MTD or require reservations from everyone.  Personally I like the 2 lines or separate entrances. Keeps things easy.

Every cruise we are on there are 2 lines for MTD.  one with reservations and one without.  We rarely make reservations as to us the whole point of MTD is eating when we feel like it.  We could care less if we have the same waitstaff so rarely wait more than 10 minutes for a table.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We rarely make reservations as to us the whole point of MTD is eating when we feel like it. 

My booking started with MTD - which is what we've always done - but then after I discovered the earliest available time was 6:45, I decided to have my TA change us to TD. 

9 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

My booking started with MTD - which is what we've always done - but then after I discovered the earliest available time was 6:45, I decided to have my TA change us to TD. 

We rarely go to eat before 7 or 7:30 so MTD works perfect for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sure, great if you want to eat that late. We've never cared for that - even at home usually by 5:00-5:15. 

At home husband eats around 5 or 5:30, but when we travel we never eat that early.  We enjoy predinner cocktails when traveling and stay up later, so always eat later.  Most of the time we are not even finished with the pool or beach until at least 4:30.  

We had MTD this summer on Ovation OTS.  It was a mess.  No reservations available prior to cruise.  On board unable to make any reservations prior to 9 pm.  The standby line and the reservation line both moved like snails.  

We are sailing on Enchantment OTS in early November and have already booked 5:45 dining slots for MTD.  Hopefully this will work out better than the MTD on Ovation.  Might be a benefit of being on a smaller, older ship.  

On 8/29/2022 at 5:34 PM, TwoWestAussies said:

Thanks to this post, called Royal Caribbean, very helpful, moved my dining from My Time to Traditional, also reserved table for 2 at the same time! 🙂  disaster avoided! 

We just did the same thing. Although my mom, whos a TA, called and changed it for us. The earliest on our sailing for MTD at 6:45 was a bit late and would feel rushed to make an early show. 5:30 table for 2 please 🙂

• Like 1

Sailing b2b on Symph/Explorer starting Sept.24.

Both are switched to 5:30 early seating .

There may be a few days out of 15 that 5:30 ends up a little too early based on port days ,in which case we may skip a couple nights at MDR , but looks like i'd just be rolling the dice counting on MTD working out for us the way I had hoped. Even if we got every night at the earliest 6:45 seating , that is  too late for us as we generally take in the earlier shows .

* Gotta give the point to Norwegian on this one.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:50 AM, moposh said:

MTD started at 5:30 p.m. on Enchantment of the Seas.

That was our experience as well back in March. After the first two nights, they said to come even earlier. I was shocked to find out in the past few weeks that it had changed - apparently it had already before our March cruise but would never have known it based on our last experience with RCL. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 8/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, OnTheJourney said:

Sure, great if you want to eat that late. We've never cared for that - even at home usually by 5:00-5:15. 

Funny that you would think that was late.  I didn’t get out of work until 5pm, not an unusual time, and hubby not til 6.  By the time we got home, he took a shower & I got dinner ready we rarely were able to eat before 7.  We are both retired now but old habits die hard.  Dinner is still 6:30-7ish.

• Like 1