Need help with classic drink package

Cruisin 4 Ever

11 hours ago, gmcwalker said:

Great advice. My question is what is the daily limit with the Classic Drink Package, 🍸?

No, there is not a daily limit...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

5th question from the bottom:

"No, there is not a daily limit for drinks with Celebrity Cruises Drink Packages."

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 9:51 PM, dlh015 said:

I answered you in post#3...with a link. And then others answered you with their source. Nothing to be confused about.

Pay no mind to the others discussing red bull, Baileys, etc. You asked about teas and coffees...they are included in the Classic package.

From above...

' and specialty coffees & teas are included in the Classic Drink Package'

The confusion is celebrity called me this week to ask if I wanted to upgrade to the premium package. I drink cocktails and like grey goose etc so it makes sense for me. My husband only drinks beer. So I tried to confirm his coffees would be included. She said specialty coffees are included as long as they're under 7.50 and none of their fancy lattes etc are.less than 7.50.  So I wanted to see if someone has recently sailed with the classic package and ordered a latte or machiato. No booze just a fancier coffee and was it included.

Thanks for your information

59 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

The confusion is celebrity called me this week to ask if I wanted to upgrade to the premium package. I drink cocktails and like grey goose etc so it makes sense for me. My husband only drinks beer. So I tried to confirm his coffees would be included. She said specialty coffees are included as long as they're under 7.50 and none of their fancy lattes etc are.less than 7.50.  So I wanted to see if someone has recently sailed with the classic package and ordered a latte or machiato. No booze just a fancier coffee and was it included.

Just curious - did they offer you a discount for upgrading?

9 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

The specialty coffees in AL Bacio are included. I drank multiple cappuccinos per day on my last trip.

I just checked the menu and "fancier" coffees are all $5: Caramel macchiato, caffee mocha, affogato etc.

The coffees containing alcohol are not covered by the classic package.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 3:45 AM, KatieDub said:

The specialty coffees in AL Bacio are included. I drank multiple cappuccinos per day on my last trip.

I just checked the menu and "fancier" coffees are all $5: Caramel macchiato, caffee mocha, affogato etc.

The coffees containing alcohol are not covered by the classic package.

Thank you!! I guess them wanting to upgrade my husband was worth king! Anyway thanks for the info!!

3 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

They charged $15.00 per day. However my friend called in and upgraded and they only charged her 9.00 per day

Was this a while ago?

The charge to upgrade was around $9 (with gratuity it was $10.80) last year but has been raised recently.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:02 PM, chamima said:

Was this a while ago?

The charge to upgrade was around $9 (with gratuity it was $10.80) last year but has been raised recently.

This was last week. Mine was 15.00 per day with a 10% discount for booking it online plus 20% gratuity. 

I called 3 times. Apparently they gave my friend some discount by mistake, like an Elite discount. I had just read it was 12.00 per day but they were adamant it's 15. 

12 hours ago, canderson said:

% Discounts for upgrading pre-cruise do depend upon your status with Celebrity (0 ~ 15%). 

I was told firmly (and waited on hold for quite some time while the representative spoke to a supervisor) that the Elite discount was only 10% when upgrading from Classic. I argued that the word “upgrade” implied that there had been a package from which to move up to, but their interpretation is that the 15% discount was for those with no package buying a Premium package. 

1 hour ago, pickypicky said:

I was told firmly (and waited on hold for quite some time while the representative spoke to a supervisor) that the Elite discount was only 10% when upgrading from Classic. I argued that the word “upgrade” implied that there had been a package from which to move up to, but their interpretation is that the 15% discount was for those with no package buying a Premium package. 

This is another case of HUCA (Hang up call again). It's a very important  thing to know when speaking to cruise line phone reps! The person and the "supervisor" were wrong.

I copied the Elite Plus benefits below. The Elite discount is 10% off the package and 10% off the upgrade.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

ELITE PLUS | 750-2,999 CLUB POINTS
MANY OF THE BENEFITS OF ELITE MEMBERSHIP PLUS:
In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we’ve created Elite Plus to deliver
a higher level of recognition with even greater benefits, including specialty dining
discounts, additional laundry benefits, and more.
Two complimentary bags of laundry on every sailing (wash, dry, fold)
15% discount on specialty dining cover charge
35% off Wifi Packages and upgrades, plus 240 complimentary stream minutes
15% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
40% discount on any digital or print photo package
$250 off The Studio photo packages
20% discount on drink package or 15% discount on premium drink package
upgrade when purchased pre-cruise

Complimentary cappuccino, latte, espresso, and tea throu

@pickypickyHowever - I think the rep in your case was correct. The Elite discount is 10% both for getting the package and for upgrading.

The Classic is $69/pp/day and the premium is $84/pp/day. (both prices were recently raised. The upgrade used to be, with the discount, $10.80/pp/day if booked precruise).

So the upgrade is now  $15  plus 20% gratuity. Elite upgrade with discount and gratuity should be $13.50 + $2.70 - around $16.20

Elite Plus upgrade should be $12.75 + 2.55 or around $15.30

ELITE | 300-749 CLUB POINTS
MANY OF THE BENEFITS OF SELECT MEMBERSHIP PLUS:
For our Elite guests, we’ve reserved some of the most sought-after benefits including
complimentary laundry, internet benefits, and access to complimentary drinks from
the Captain’s Club menu between 5pm-7pm.
Access to Captain’s Club Coffee Lounge for daily coffee house
style breakfast
Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu at most bars and
lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm
30% off Wifi Packages and upgrades, plus 90 complimentary stream minutes
40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
$200 off The Studio photo packages
Complimentary access to Persian Garden on one port day of your
choice while ship is in port. (Solstice and Millennium Class Ships Only)
10% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
15% discount on a drink package or a premium drink package upgrade
Complimentary dry cleaning for one item
One complimentary bag of laundry during each sailing (wash, dry, fold)
Access to a private lounge during departure, complete with continental breakfast
D

Edited by chamima
Change gratuity amount from 18% to 20%

I called to upgrade this morning and was charged $13.50 per day plus the service charge for a total of $111.51 for a 7 day cruise.  According to the Celebrity Rep that was $15/day -  10% Classic/Select upgrade discount. I didnt' upgrade DH's package as he usually has one alcohol drink a day and the rest is sodas and coffee.

Last cruise I just had the classic and paid for the difference for the occasional upgraded drink.    I was on the fence for this cruise but decided to upgrade really for the premium non-alcoholic drinks since I missed having sparkling water and Vitamin water and smoothies.  Still not sure if that was worth $16 per day but  it has been a stressful year so also plan on enjoying several martinis.

4 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

I called to upgrade this morning and was charged $13.50 per day plus the service charge for a total of $111.51 for a 7 day cruise.  According to the Celebrity Rep that was $15/day -  10% Classic/Select upgrade discount. I didnt' upgrade DH's package as he usually has one alcohol drink a day and the rest is sodas and coffee.

Last cruise I just had the classic and paid for the difference for the occasional upgraded drink.    I was on the fence for this cruise but decided to upgrade really for the premium non-alcoholic drinks since I missed having sparkling water and Vitamin water and smoothies.  Still not sure if that was worth $16 per day but  it has been a stressful year so also plan on enjoying several martinis.

so we can do one person only in the stateroom? hubby won't want it but I will. 

Just now, stellarose said:

so we can do one person only in the stateroom? hubby won't want it but I will. 

Yes, I called the phone number for upgrades and was able to just upgrade myself.  I had called my agent Friday because our booking is part of a group and he said it was not possible until after boarding.  I think he just didn't want to call Celebrity.

When I called Celebrity they did transfer me to the group department but they took care of the upgrade in just a few minutes and I received an email confirmation and my boarding pass has the PALL code to show I have the upgrade and hubby's is CALL

My wife and I just got off the Silhouette a couple days ago - we had the classic drink package included in the all included program.  
contrary to everything we can find posted, they let us have any during upto $11 (not the $9 that’s advertised everywhere)

it was enough to include Irish coffee (but not Baileys)

33 minutes ago, Casualcruisers said:

My wife and I just got off the Silhouette a couple days ago - we had the classic drink package included in the all included program.  
contrary to everything we can find posted, they let us have any during upto $11 (not the $9 that’s advertised everywhere)

it was enough to include Irish coffee (but not Baileys)

Sailings from Southampton have a Classic Beverage Package limit of $11 and Premium is $18. It is different due to either VAT or tax, no idea why, but it is!!

53 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Sailings from Southampton have a Classic Beverage Package limit of $11 and Premium is $18. It is different due to either VAT or tax, no idea why, but it is!!

Sailings from some locations have gratuity included. So a $9 drink + 20% would be $10.80. They just rounded it to $11.

If you were in the Caribbean that same $11 drink would have been $9.

59 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Neither VAT nor tax.  It’s because out of Southampton the quoted price includes the gratuity. From other locations the quoted price has the gratuity tacked on.