Marina vs. Riviera Refurbishing

AceVancouver

Mixed info on the web about refurbishing dates. One source says both will be this December. Other sites say Riviera will be December and Marina Nov. 2023. Since Marina is the older ship why isn't it being the first to be refurbished. The refurbishing looks cool and very complete. Not sure what they did in the last refurbishing of the Marina which I think was 2018. Since I'll be on this ship for the second time next July I was hoping the experience would be like a brand new cruise (other than the ports of course).

If you look at Marina's scheduled itineraries through 2023, it looks like it is scheduled for refurbishment sometime in mid/late Oct. to Nov 12, 2023.  Apparently Oceania management decided that the best scheduling was to use the Marina for the 2022/23 South America season and complete it's 2023 season in Europe before refurbishing prior to its Nov. 2023 trans-Atlantic cruise.  Scheduling drydocks is done well in advance of the event, so once a decision on timing is made, it can't easily be changed especially with ongoing supply chain issues.

2 hours ago, AceVancouver said:

Mixed info on the web about refurbishing dates. One source says both will be this December. Other sites say Riviera will be December and Marina Nov. 2023. Since Marina is the older ship why isn't it being the first to be refurbished. The refurbishing looks cool and very complete. Not sure what they did in the last refurbishing of the Marina which I think was 2018. Since I'll be on this ship for the second time next July I was hoping the experience would be like a brand new cruise (other than the ports of course).

You may want to read all of each thread that has already clarified this.

Someone at CC put the wrong year for Marina in some article or post. It was then supposedly corrected.

The fact remains that Riviera will be done in 2022 and Marina in 2023.

26 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

We are on Marina in June ‘23.  How badly does it “need” refurbishing? The online photos look nice…are they accurate depictions?

I was on Marina in April. She’s doing well, you will not be disappointed, however after travelling on Sirena 10 days before I saw the potential of the refit - it is considerable. 

She is fine, certainly not in a state, but she will be superb once they have finished with her. 

40 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

We are on Marina in June ‘23.  How badly does it “need” refurbishing? The online photos look nice…are they accurate depictions?

The O ships do not need the major “interior design” changes. Rather, NEXT is a new look. 
We like the R ship changes but sometimes miss the prior look.

48 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

I was on her in April and will be back on her right before the retrofit.  The ship is fine.