My changing opinion on sailing Explora...

Nashna

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think it's a Safari thing, not a Mac thing.  I just searched Jan. 2025 cruises.  Using Safari I get a pop-up window but can't scroll down to see itinerary details (can scroll down to see cabins).  Using Firefox, scrolling works for everything.  [It may also be an artifact of security settings.  I keep Safari set very tight.  That protects me, but it does break some websites.  Then I switch to Firefox, and if that doesn't work I take a big risk and try Chrome – since I don't trust Google to protect me anyway, I keep those security settings loose so it works almost everywhere...]

I am using Chrome, but I also tried it on Safari and had the same issue.     

I am using a MacBook Air with Chrome and it works fine. I switched to Safari on the MacBook Air and it works the same as Chrome. I can scroll down the page and see all of the stops with dates and times, etc.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 10:03 PM, sasejm said:

I am using a MacBook Air with Chrome and it works fine. I switched to Safari on the MacBook Air and it works the same as Chrome. I can scroll down the page and see all of the stops with dates and times, etc.

I'm on a MAC and have the same problem where I can't scroll down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 3:58 PM, Nashna said:

While exploring 2023 Canada/New England options today, I went back to Explora. I was delighted to realize that the fare was quite reasonable for the experience. In addition, Explora's pricing was lower than Viking & Oceania for a similar category. Therefore, we will take a chance on the new line at this price point.

We were originally booked on a Haven Forward Penthouse Suite on the Norwegian Joy. Then I realized that Explora Journeys’ prices for a similar itinerary are only about $500 more per person, but they include gratuities and access to the Spa thermal area. So when you take that into account, prices are basically even. 

So I’m taking a chance, canceling my original reservation, and booking with Explora Journeys instead. Looking forward to trying a brand new cruise line. 

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

We were originally booked on a Haven Forward Penthouse Suite on the Norwegian Joy. Then I realized that Explora Journeys’ prices for a similar itinerary are only about $500 more per person, but they include gratuities and access to the Spa thermal area. So when you take that into account, prices are basically even. 

So I’m taking a chance, canceling my original reservation, and booking with Explora Journeys instead. Looking forward to trying a brand new cruise line. 

We ended up not booking Explora.  This is mainly due to the great price we got on MSC in the Yacht Club, which has a Canada New England itinerary we like better.  I do think Explora looks amazing, and we are waiting for an itinerary that works for us. 

• 2 months later...