Celebrity Wi-Fi Basic for Elite

jascal

I am sure this question must be posted somewhere but cannot find it. Trying to book wi-fi pre cruise and can see price of $16.99 per day per person for Basic. My understanding is there is some benefit for Wi-Fi for Elite, so how does this factor into the price quoted on line? Also what does the Basic package provide?

Below is a link to all the Captain Club benefits.  If you swipe to page 2 it lists tge. All. Elite get 90 free premium internet.  If you want to purchase if upgrade tgere is a 30% discount however you must call to purchase in order for the discount to be applied.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ca4feeb#/9ca4feeb/2

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

Below is a link to all the Captain Club benefits.  If you swipe to page 2 it lists tge. All. Elite get 90 free premium internet.  If you want to purchase if upgrade tgere is a 30% discount however you must call to purchase in order for the discount to be applied.

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/9ca4feeb#/9ca4feeb/2

Or, as you both get free minutes,  use one lot of 90 minutes first. Once that has gone decide if you really need a package or if the remaining 90 minutes will do. If you decide you do need the package the Elite discount will be applied. We have never used 90 minutes X 2 on any cruise. We prepare emails off line, move to outbox, log on then as incoming messages download out going ones get sent, log off, read messages that have come in. Repeat twice a day. We are on vacation and have no need for 24 hour access.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

To access the free 90 minutes with Elite do you need to d/w the IT desk guys. 

@the penguins do you not use the basic Wi-Fi when not using you allocated free 90 minutes. How do you separate? 

No need to go to it. You simply logon to WiFi, create your account using the number on your sea pass and chose a password. All very straight forward. Once on the site the various are very clear - just choose the Elite minutes. Of course you have to share the package to use our system - you can use different devices but only one of you can be logged in at the same time. Once the 90 minutes has been used you create a second account by using the number on your other room card. With Elite minutes you must logout or the minutes will just disappear. If you opt to pay then you can stay connected all the time ( you can both do that). Basic is just suitable for emails and a bit of browsing - it won't even let you post to cruise critic. The premium is faster. Elite minutes are premium. As always connection dependent on ships position and the number of passengers logged on.

• Thanks 2

We are Elite+ and also have the package that includes unlimited basic WiFi. We get 240 minutes of Premium for being Elite+.

How do we differentiate which we are using? (I want to mostly use my unlimited package but use the 240 minutes when better reception is needed).

Do I need to go to the IT lounge to set up in this case?

1 hour ago, chamima said:

We are Elite+ and also have the package that includes unlimited basic WiFi. We get 240 minutes of Premium for being Elite+.

How do we differentiate which we are using? (I want to mostly use my unlimited package but use the 240 minutes when better reception is needed).

No as @the penguins said when you set up your account you will see the options, if you want to use the Elite minutes select that option.  Be sure to log out so the minutes are not wasted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No as @the penguins said when you set up your account you will see the options, if you want to use the Elite minutes select that option.  Be sure to log out so the minutes are not wasted.

So I set up two different accounts and two different logins ? Will they allow that for one person?

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Or, as you both get free minutes,  use one lot of 90 minutes first. Once that has gone decide if you really need a package or if the remaining 90 minutes will do. If you decide you do need the package the Elite discount will be applied. We have never used 90 minutes X 2 on any cruise. We prepare emails off line, move to outbox, log on then as incoming messages download out going ones get sent, log off, read messages that have come in. Repeat twice a day. We are on vacation and have no need for 24 hour access.

Thank you, this is very helpful, we will use the 2x90 mins first, if we need more we will buy the package. Do you know if it is  per diem where you pay for the remaining days of the cruise or do you have to pay for what the package would cost for the full cruise?

We usually keep our phones on airplane mode (but with Wi-Fi enabled) so we don’t get international charges.  If someone sends you a text message when you’re not logged onto Wi-Fi, will you receive that text message when you log onto Wi-Fi later?  Thanks. 

7 hours ago, chamima said:

You can't. You either have to use your Elite first or go for the package. Only other solution is for one of you  to use a device for Elite and the other to use a different device for a package 

4 hours ago, jascal said:

Thank you, this is very helpful, we will use the 2x90 mins first, if we need more we will buy the package. Do you know if it is  per diem where you pay for the remaining days of the cruise or do you have to pay for what the package would cost for the full cruise?

Once you have used your first 90 see how near the end of the cruise you are as you can swop your second 90 for a discount on a package. Sometimes they offer a reduced price package part way through. Check with the Internet team before you start the second package for the best option.

6 hours ago, chamima said:

So I set up two different accounts and two different logins ? Will they allow that for one person?

If you are travelling solo and you booked under the A I system I believe you can as technically you have paid for 2 packages. We have a friend who has done it but you will have to check onboard to find out how. 

I'm not traveling solo.

Both my husband and myself are Elite+ and both of us are booked with the All Inclusive (Gratuities, WiFi and Drinks).

I seem to remember other people saying they went to the I Lounge and the tech set them up to somehow use their Elite Premium minutes separately from their package minutes. I was hoping to avoid the line at the I Lounge but I'll just try that.

56 minutes ago, chamima said:

I'm not traveling solo.

Both my husband and myself are Elite+ and both of us are booked with the All Inclusive (Gratuities, WiFi and Drinks).

I seem to remember other people saying they went to the I Lounge and the tech set them up to somehow use their Elite Premium minutes separately from their package minutes. I was hoping to avoid the line at the I Lounge but I'll just try that.

Good luck. Please post the result as it might be useful for others.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, chamima said:

I'm not traveling solo.

Yes, we were able to set both accounts up by going to I lounge. 

• Thanks 1