App question

First cruise, I’ve got the app and we’re all checked in etc.  My husband has not downloaded the app yet. Will he use my sign in info? He will need access to cruise planter etc. while we’re on the ship so he can see the schedules etc. Or does he set up his own account? And if so, just links our cruise to his?

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It depends on whether or not he wants to use it.

my wife and I do everything using my account but she has her own login if she wants to use it.

I guess my question is…will it allow us to both be logged in at the same time? He won’t use it much, but he’ll want to see bar hours, events, etc. Some apps cause issues when two people are logged in. 

19 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

I guess my question is…will it allow us to both be logged in at the same time? He won’t use it much, but he’ll want to see bar hours, events, etc. Some apps cause issues when two people are logged in. 

you don't need the wifi package to access the app. The App is on the ship's intranet wifi.  If you want to access the internet, other apps outside of Royal's, then you need an internet connection either by purchasing a package or paying for a day or so at a time (very expensive cost per day compared to the cost per day for a package.  So as long as you both have the app, you can both access it whenever you want.  Hopefully that all makes sense.  

25 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

You can both download the app on your own phones, you can each use the app simultaneously or at different times, and will have no ill effects.  🙂 

43 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

First cruise, I’ve got the app and we’re all checked in etc.  My husband has not downloaded the app yet. Will he use my sign in info? He will need access to cruise planter etc. while we’re on the ship so he can see the schedules etc. Or does he set up his own account? And if so, just links our cruise to his?

In addition, on more and more ships, you can scan a QR code and have the full .pdf of the Cruise Compass on your phone.

IMG_1761[1].JPG

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

you don't need the wifi package to access the app. The App is on the ship's intranet wifi.  If you want to access the internet, other apps outside of Royal's, then you need an internet connection either by purchasing a package or paying for a day or so at a time (very expensive cost per day compared to the cost per day for a package.  So as long as you both have the app, you can both access it whenever you want.  Hopefully that all makes sense.  

Yes, I understand the app works off their intranet.  So that means he doesn’t need to be logged in? Just opens the app?

4 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

Yes, I understand the app works off their intranet.  So that means he doesn’t need to be logged in? Just opens the app?

yep. And there are a lot of crew around that can help if you can't figure out how to access the schedule, maps, etc.  But it's pretty easy.  

42 minutes ago, rockmom said:

yep. And there are a lot of crew around that can help if you can't figure out how to access the schedule, maps, etc.  But it's pretty easy.  

We’re reasonably young and both work online, we’ll be fine 😆 Was just wondering about their app capabilities. 

• Like 1