Just back from land/cruise on NA.

grammi

Everything was perfect on our 2 week Alaska land/cruise tour. I would not change a thing about the decisions we made.   My husband fully vaxed and boosted came home with Covid mild to mod symptoms. I have no symptoms but will stay isolated with DH til Thursday then we’ll both test. 

I just have 1 question, I want those slanted, translucent salad bowls they have at the salad station at the Lido Market restaurant for my home but I can’t find anything like them even in the restaurant stores. Anybody have any suggestions?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Crate and Barrel? I have not looked but it sounds like something they would carry.

Glad you had a great cruise. I have read (from experts) that we are all going to get COVID and the task is to put it off as long as possible.

Thanks!  We were strict about wearing the mask but he went to the Music of Denali and that got him. 

48 minutes ago, grammi said:

E.......

I just have 1 question, I want those slanted, translucent salad bowls they have at the salad station at the Lido Market restaurant for my home but I can’t find anything like them even in the restaurant stores. Anybody have any suggestions?

Here is a link to a porcelain version:

Angled Bowls

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Here is a link to a porcelain version:

Angled Bowls

I saw those but what I really liked was seeing the greens and the light weight plastic. It was easy to carry around and still looked nice. Nothing on Amazon or Websturant comes close

We were on that same cruise and also enjoyed everything about it.

The land portion was particularly well done. The excursions were top notch. 

My husband, vaxxed and boosted,  tested positive on return also. His symptoms were mild and disappeared in a few days. On the contrary I remain negative.

We did not attend the Music of Denali and as Crystalspin said, we are all going to get it at sometime.  It is everywhere, and strikes randomly. 
Glad that your husband had a mild case and is doing well.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:02 PM, grammi said:

Thanks!  We were strict about wearing the mask but he went to the Music of Denali and that got him. 

How can you be sure that’s where he caught it? Did he get sick after you got home or before? I’m just wondering how they handle it if you get sick while near the end of the cruise. 

We were also on that cruise/tour.  The cruise out of Vancouver was wonderful.  All staff wore masks, most passengers also wore masks.  The land part of our cruisetour started with a crowded boat on the 26 Glacier Cruise.  Then came the bus to Anchorage, train to Denali, bus to Fairbanks.  Very few people observed the mask mandate on the land portion of the trip  If you figure a three day incubation period,  anyone who started showing symptoms at Denali probably came into contact with Covid on the first day of the land tour.    Continued close contact in bus/train transportation and open buffet breakfast/dinner options would continue to spread the virus.  

There was testing at the Denali hotel for passengers going the opposite direction (land first) to the ship.  According to reports as many as half of the passengers tested positive and were not allowed to join the ship.  It only stands to reason that a comparable number of passengers going on to Fairbanks also contacted Covid.  

There was no requirement to report symptoms of Covid during the land tour for those who were not heading for the ship. . If you reported while on the cruise portion, I think HAL would put you in a hotel in Anchorage and you would not do the land tour.

32 minutes ago, DrTee said:

How can you be sure that’s where he caught it? Did he get sick after you got home or before? I’m just wondering how they handle it if you get sick while near the end of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DrTee said:

We can’t be sure and I should have written we think. We were not together and that’s pretty much he was unprotected by a mask in a place of high people density for more than a few minutes. 

He tested positive at home but thought he was getting a cold the last day of the cruise. 

23 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

We were also on that cruise/tour.  The cruise out of Vancouver was wonderful.  All staff wore masks, most passengers also wore masks.  The land part of our cruisetour started with a crowded boat on the 26 Glacier Cruise.  Then came the bus to Anchorage, train to Denali, bus to Fairbanks.  Very few people observed the mask mandate on the land portion of the trip  If you figure a three day incubation period,  anyone who started showing symptoms at Denali probably came into contact with Covid on the first day of the land tour.    Continued close contact in bus/train transportation and open buffet breakfast/dinner options would continue to spread the virus.  

There was testing at the Denali hotel for passengers going the opposite direction (land first) to the ship.  According to reports as many as half of the passengers tested positive and were not allowed to join the ship.  It only stands to reason that a comparable number of passengers going on to Fairbanks also contacted Covid.  

There was no requirement to report symptoms of Covid during the land tour for those who were not heading for the ship. . If you reported while on the cruise portion, I think HAL would put you in a hotel in Anchorage and you would not do the land tour.

We we part of the southbound group and inside places we saw most masked, I would assume like us wanted to make sure we tested negative before the cruise. I did not notice any empty seats on the cruise train between Anchorage and Whittier.   Overall I saw a high percentage of mask wearing. 

• Like 1