luggage tags

suec12

Over on my roll call (Journey Sept 23)we are discussing that  luggage tags are not being included once we have completed the documents for boarding. Are all sailings having this issue? Might they appear with the documents on-line closer to departure? Some folks have called and then been able to get tags. If we arrive at the pier, will getting our bags tagged there result in much of a delay? Thanks

3 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Over on my roll call (Journey Sept 23)we are discussing that  luggage tags are not being included once we have completed the documents for boarding. Are all sailings having this issue? Might they appear with the documents on-line closer to departure? Some folks have called and then been able to get tags. If we arrive at the pier, will getting our bags tagged there result in much of a delay? Thanks

The tags come with your boarding passes, which should be available on your account about two weeks out (if not before)

• Like 1

The documents are there for this cruise but unusually there are 2 blank pages, the front cover and the luggage label page which is usually before the notes. I think it is the same for everyone. Hoping they will upload them before we go. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The tags come with your boarding passes, which should be available on your account about two weeks out (if not before)

Not this time, we have the boarding passes and we have the guest booklet but it does not have a customised front page or luggage tags - its almost as if someone forgot to run the "mail merge" with the customers personalisation for part of the document

This seems to have come up for a number of sailings, including one we have near the end of September with Celebrity (Az still is using the same system at this time).  The docs we initially received were the same as @uktog mentioned.

We received new docs yesterday with the customized front and luggage tags, so they are working on the problem.

Since the sailing still is a few weeks away, I'd just sit tight and let them work through the problem.  It might be worth a call if you don't have your tags in a couple weeks, but I don't see much reason to make special effort right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RW75 said:

I’ve never had tags when arriving at the pier, the baggage handlers just ask your stateroom number and tag the bag accordingly.  No need to have any concerns. 

Whilst it’s not a problem the pier is set up for around 10% of guests coming with untagged luggage, not 100%.  

I believe it’s a software error across the whole RC brand ( yes they are still using their stuff). It’s being reported across the RC and X sites as well and the message has been we are fixing and sending out new information.  For me, it’s over 3 weeks to my cruise.  I’m not going to do anything until 3 days before as I think it’s going to right itself.  Given the call volumes will be up with this and people confused by the contradictions on the loyalty points between the brands going forward, I will give the long call wait times a miss. (Incidentally two unnecessary issues adding to their call volumes, if they’d eliminate these by better communication and software, life would be so much easier for them!)