Cunard Ambassador

lenquixote66

57 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

She only sailed for about two years for Cunard.  After a 1974 fire she was declared a total constructive loss, her hull sold, and converted to a sheep carrier.  You can read her history here:MV Cunard Ambassador

Thanks for the link. My parents were onboard in 1974, probably the month of February.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:01 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Am I the only one to have cruised on the wonderful Cunard Ambassador ?

I sailed on her sister Cunard Adventurer when she became Sunward II.  As Sunward II, she was structurally the same, as I recall, when she sailed for Cunard and was a very nice and modern ship at that time.  Both ships were probably too small for some previous Cunard guests.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I sailed on her sister Cunard Adventurer when she became Sunward II.  As Sunward II, she was structurally the same, as I recall, when she sailed for Cunard and was a very nice and modern ship at that time.  Both ships were probably too small for some previous Cunard guests.  

The Ambassador only had porthole cabins .The only activities were a pool,shuffleboard and skeet shooting.Only one place to eat,no buffets .

No shore excursions.

They had A+ entertainers and movies .

• Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I prefer being served 

Agree.  So long ago, I don't have a good memory whether we did or did not use the buffet.  Except, for the morning of disembarkation in Miami.  We had some delay in leaving the ship and decided to find a table/seats one of the open decks overlooking Miami.  The location must have been near the buffet and one of us ducked into the buffet and obtained some coffee and pastries while we waited.  This was a significant moment in my cruising experience because it was then that I decided to do whatever I needed to do to convince my traveling companion and arrange my employment time periods to sail on the Royal Viking Line cruises that I had been "shopping" for awhile.