Considering Oceania Rivera for 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise in November 2023-Help Me Decide!

Sthrngary

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

2. I think all drinks that are $15 or less are included, including the wines by the glass.

Do not think the price is capped  some exception to what is on the package apply  like some drinks in the Specialties

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Thanks for everyone's help and now that I am booked on the November 9, 2023 sailing on the Oceania Riviera,

1. Can room service be from a specialty restaurant or is it limited too "The Grand Dining Room"?  Specialties  YES but not La Reserve
  2. When one has the Premium Drink Package, are all wines listed by the glass part of that program? YES
  3. May I assume that when ordering full bottles of wine, they are not included on the Premium Drink Package? correct
  4. When in the Haven on NCL, the Butler is not included in the "Pre-Paid" gratuities program.  Are the butlers included when I prepay the gratuities pre-cruise.  YES
  5. Can you use the OBC, pre-cruise to purchase the Premium Drink Program or do you have to wait until you are on the ship?  you have to wait  you will not be alone 

Thank everyone in advance for all your assistance. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Just to add your angst 😉

the cruise is on the Black Friday sale  so you may want to talk to your TA or whoever you booked with  to see if the deal will work for you

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the cruise is on the Black Friday sale  so you may want to talk to your TA or whoever you booked with  to see if the deal will work for you

I have already  booked and paid for two deposits.  The sale I did was the four category upgrades which put us in a Penthouse PH3 Guarantee.  I think what you are saying is be sure to look at the Black Friday Sale and see if you can better your situation.  I will surely do that.  Thanks for the Heads Up.

• Like 1

I am aware of this.  My wife and I took the Basic Drink Package, and we will upgrade when we board.  The question is when no drink package was selected, and you have enough OBC to pay the $600.00 for a Premium Drink Package.  This is what my friends joining us will do.  Currently, I cannot prebook the Premium Drink Package on it's own.  Hope that clarifies the question.

You can BUY  the drink package in advance   Call O & ask them to do it

Since you are  a year away I would just wait a bit  ..they are not going to sell out 😉

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Do not think the price is capped  some exception to what is on the package apply  like some drinks in the Specialties

Guess I was thinking of Viking's Silver Spirits Beverage Package...the Recency Effect. 🍸

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You are correct, not sure if all, but some single malt scotches and cognacs are not included in the Premium drunk package.

• Thanks 1

I dug out my beverage package doc from a recent sailing. The Prestige Select package drinks come from the Bar Menu and Martinis Menu ONLY (minus some higher end scotch/whisky). Also, "All packages exclude wine by the bottle and all specialty restaurant spirits (scotch/whiskies, liquors, and sakes)" (almost had to dig out the magnifier to read the fine print!).

Since your friends will have a fully paid Prestige Select package, they will have the option to purchase bottles from the Wine List (not all wines) with a 15% discount. They also get a 20% discount on La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine pairing dinners. These discounts are not available if the Prestige Select package is the result of upgrading the O-Life beverage package (i.e., your case).

3 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I dug out my beverage package doc from a recent sailing. The Prestige Select package drinks come from the Bar Menu and Martinis Menu ONLY (minus some higher end scotch/whisky). Also, "All packages exclude wine by the bottle and all specialty restaurant spirits (scotch/whiskies, liquors, and sakes)" (almost had to dig out the magnifier to read the fine print!).

Since your friends will have a fully paid Prestige Select package, they will have the option to purchase bottles from the Wine List (not all wines) with a 15% discount. They also get a 20% discount on La Reserve by Wine Spectator wine pairing dinners. These discounts are not available if the Prestige Select package is the result of upgrading the O-Life beverage package (i.e., your case).

Can you give me a strategy that will work.  My original thought was to just use my OBC for the full $600.00 package and pay another $600.00 so my wife and I can have this package.  I thought and now you are contradicting it, that if you upgrade on the ship it was the same thing.  I am open to either approach and your advice would be appreciated. 

Can you give me a strategy that will work.  My original thought was to just use my OBC for the full $600.00 package and pay another $600.00 so my wife and I can have this package.  I thought and now you are contradicting it, that if you upgrade on the ship it was the same thing.  I am open to either approach and your advice would be appreciated. 

If you take the O Life Basic beverage package  & upgrade onboard  you do not get the discounts if you book La Reserve  No sure on the purchasing bottles of wine if you will get the discount or not?

Just to clarify

Are you taking  the O Life perk  ?

If so what one did you choose ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Just to clarify

Are you taking  the O Life perk  ?

If so what one did you choose ?

@LHT28 First thank you for helping me understand.  The Oceania Perks are kind of like a Rubik's Cube.  I originally took the OBC which was $600.00.  I was going to buy one of the Prestige Packages with Spirits with it.  I would then pay out of my pocket for another package. 

Than I was advised to do the Drink Perk instead of the OBC because it would cost less if I upgraded on the ship.  So to answer your question, I currently have the "Wine/Beer" drink program that is a perk.  I can change that if need be. 

I am completely OK with changing back to the OBC and paying for the other package if it provides additional benefits.  My bottom line goal is to have to have a Adult Drink Program with little or no restrictions or rules.  With NCL, it is called the Premium PLUS Drink Program.  Hope all that makes sense. 

Cruise well and Enjoy every moment.

@LHT28 First thank you for helping me understand.  The Oceania Perks are kind of like a Rubik's Cube.  I originally took the OBC which was $600.00.  I was going to buy one of the Prestige Packages with Spirits with it.  I would then pay out of my pocket for another package. 

Than I was advised to do the Drink Perk instead of the OBC because it would cost less if I upgraded on the ship.  So to answer your question, I currently have the "Wine/Beer" drink program that is a perk.  I can change that if need be. 

I am completely OK with changing back to the OBC and paying for the other package if it provides additional benefits.  My bottom line goal is to have to have a Adult Drink Program with little or no restrictions or rules.  With NCL, it is called the Premium PLUS Drink Program.  Hope all that makes sense. 

Cruise well and Enjoy every moment.

Thanks  for clarifing

If your goal  is to get a discount on La Reserve & wine by the bottle

I would suggest dropping O Life 

Just buy the Prestige package  before the cruise (I believe you have to call O)

If you do not care if you get those discounts  then take the OLife Beverage package  & once onboard  upgrade to the Prestige  for $20 pp pd

I am sure others will have more suggestions

• Thanks 1