Please check my CruiseNext logic....... It's been awhile

SAmome

I have 4 nextcruise credits for 250 each.  I don't believe there is any way to use them all on one reservation, right?

I can book any length cruise and any cabin use ONE credit as long as it's over 6 months out?  There is no using them on a cruise booked less than 6 months (unless its Prima ship under current promo).

Best way I can use up 4 credits is to book 2 cruises over 6 months out at balcony or above.  The promos for more flexibility are likely over now that cruising is popular again?

What happens if I book 6+ months out using 2 credits but need to change it later......... can use 2 on one reservation as long as move it such that it's more than 6 months from the time I'm moving?

Lastly, how do you comfortably sell these to strangers, a simple contract and some trust?

Thanks, I did try to search but I think the rules changed a little under covid.  

Hi,

Current rules: You can use one $250 CruiseNext credit on any cruise 3 days or longer in any cabin type any time. You don't have to book six months in advance. This rule doesn't seem to change.

Double-up for non-balconies and/or less than six months is rare but it may come back - they did it late spring/early summer 2022. You never know, just monitor the site and keep an eye on your credit expiration dates.

For now, you can use two $250 credits on Prima without having to book six months in advance. Any date, any cabin type. This is new and probably temporary. Might be cost effective compared to a balcony six months out. Plus there's that new ship smell to enjoy.

If you are willing to book a balcony six months out, you can use two credits. Balconies only. Six months in advance.

Not certain on cancellation rules but I expect the CN credits go back into your account, perhaps with a new expiration date. The rules in effect when you cancel are likely to govern how you can use the credits. Likely to be six months to use two credits and for balconies only, but you never know.

I have no experience trying to sell.

Good luck!

CruiseNext's have an expiration date.  It does not change (unless they decide to do it due to a major calamity or something).  If you apply them to a cruise and then that cruise gets cancelled by YOU or by NCL, the CruiseNext goes back into your account with the same expiration date it originally had.   Unless they had to use those funds as part of a cancellation penalty.

NCL doesn't let you "move" reservations.  You have to cancel and rebook.  The cancellation will return the certificate to your account.  You can use it on a new booking.  It takes a day or 2 for it to show back up in your account.  I'm not sure if an agent can access it for a new booking before then or not.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

So what is the advantage to buying cruise next?

It seemed like a good idea at the time, while on a cruise essentially bought $1000 worth of credit toward NCL cruise for $500.  But now I'm facing expiration dates and lack of interest from others to cruise with me.

5 minutes ago, SAmome said:

It seemed like a good idea at the time, while on a cruise essentially bought $1000 worth of credit toward NCL cruise for $500.  But now I'm facing expiration dates and lack of interest from others to cruise with me.

If you are sure you won't use them they can be sold at what you paid ($125) each on FB, if they are too close to expiry you will need to reduce the price slightly but they will go.

Maybe use 2 sell 2.

I never buy the on the ship any more, I buy them as and when I need them on FB.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

If you are sure you won't use them they can be sold at what you paid ($125) each on FB, if they are too close to expiry you will need to reduce the price slightly but they will go.

Maybe use 2 sell 2.

yeah, you can definitely sell them no problem.  I didn't know about FB, but I've purchased them on ebay whenever I was ready to book a cruise.

58 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Maybe use 2 sell 2.

I was wondering about this, do they zelle you the money and trust you will contact NCL and sign over next cruise deposit?  

19 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I was wondering about this, do they zelle you the money and trust you will contact NCL and sign over next cruise deposit?  

You need to use a secure payment system, Paypal is the most popular, I don't know Zelle but if you limit payment to a less known payment form you will likely get little interest, I would stick with Paypal if it was me selling.
You are allowed to make a small charge to cover fees ($5 I think) as well as the up to $125 per cert.

The reason for a secure payment like Paypal is the buyer can put a claim in if the seller does not supply the goods, also Paypal holds the payment until the buyer confirms receipt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

The reason for a secure payment like Paypal is the buyer can put a claim in if the seller does not supply the goods, also Paypal holds the payment until the buyer confirms receipt.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SAmome said:

So, you pay $500 for the certificate and then you get $1000 off the cruise  you use them on?