Another stupid Covid testing 72 hours requirement… indulge me please

FrankieSue

2 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

We will board on the Saturday and need to test 72 hours prior (Trans Atlantic), does it mean that we can test starting Wednesday or do we need to wait until Thursday? Does 72 hours prior include boarding day? So confusing!!

What cruise are you taking?   When they say you must get something done in days - they don't count the embarkations day.   When they say hours - then you count the hours from the time from your scheduled embarkation time.    Protocols changed yesterday - make sure you have the current ones. 

37 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

What cruise are you taking?   When they say you must get something done in days - they don't count the embarkations day.   When they say hours - then you count the hours from the time from your scheduled embarkation time.    Protocols changed yesterday - make sure you have the current ones. 

We are doing a transatlantic this Fall, new protocole for the 15 days and less no testing, excludes transatlantic crossings, therefore we will need to test,,, requirement states 72 hours…..

2 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

We will board on the Saturday and need to test 72 hours prior (Trans Atlantic), does it mean that we can test starting Wednesday or do we need to wait until Thursday? Does 72 hours prior include boarding day? So confusing!!

Where did you see "72 hours"?  As far as I remember, HAL has always used "days" and not "hours" in defining the testing requirements.  Some people have mistakenly converted that to hours, but that is not correct.

So assuming the real requirement is 3 days and not 72 hours it means the following:  if your cruise embarks on a Saturday, then that means you can get tested anytime from 12:01AM on Wednesday to anytime before you embark on Saturday.

• Like 3

Just now, Torquer said:

Where did you see "72 hours"?  As far as I remember, HAL has always used "days" and not "hours" in defining the testing requirements.  Some people have mistakenly converted that to hours, but that is not correct.

So assuming the real requirement is 3 days and not 72 hours it means the following:  if your cruise embarks on a Saturday, then that means you can get tested anytime from 12:01AM on Wednesday to anytime before you embark on Saturday.

You are quite right, my mistake, it does say 3 days…. And thanks for clearing this up for us…. It can be so confusing!

We have a CruiseTour starting in Fairbanks this coming Thursday; and are being told to test three days before as well - not so much for HAL, but to satisfy landing in Canada at the end of the cruise portion. What I don't get is how a test two weeks before we land in Canada is worthwhile getting, considering the time on the CruiseTour and then the cruise itself?!

The Enhanced Protocals for Canada on the HAL website say 72 hours.  Some cruises are 72 hours and some are 3 days.  There are country imposed requirements and cruise line requirements.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Torquer said:

Question :  So is that 12:01AM  MY time or where the proctor is? 

I have an upcoming cruise that requires a test and being sort of a night owl I might do this. Lol

• 3 weeks later...