Day pass comparison Avila/Marriott/Renaissance?

LadyBerard

9 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Ok, Renaissance (Infinity Beach Club) was great! 

First thing I would say is to definitely have a reservation. We arrived at around 9:45am and they were turning away everyone without a reservation. 

Secondly, the email will say that the beach club opens at 10am, but that's a little misleading as you can definitely get into the beach before 10. The restaurant and service don't start until 10, but you can definitely get there earlier. When we got on the beach around 9:50am and there were still good spots under palapas, but plenty of people were already there and looked as if they'd been there for awhile. I wish I had known this. 

Overall the vibe is super chill, quiet, and relaxed. It never felt crowded, which I believe to be the result of tightly regulating the numbers allowed in. 

The beach service was very friendly, and our guy Emerson was always there when we needed something. You can go order at the bar directly, but we were never wanting for anything because Emerson came around often enough that we never lacked a drink or anything. 

The food was really good, esp for beach food. We had the bitterballen and nachos, and I'd have either again in a heartbeat. 

There's the beach, and also a pool. Towels were provided of course. 

Highly recommend this spot, and I'll for sure go back the next time I have a Curaçao port day! 

The cost was $40pp, which included a $20pp food and beverage credit. 

Thank you so much for the information! Our plans for Curacao have fallen through and this looks like a perfect option, but I am a bit confused because there were two emails floating around this thread.

Can you confirm which email you used to reserve your spot? We'll be there on March 18th.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting the email and information/pictures.  We are considering the Renaissance for our upcoming trip.  Like this option over the Avila, due to location.  

Is it something that you can go to in the morning for a few hours, leave and then return later in the day?  We are in port for a long time and may want to do a few hours, break, and then come back.  

How was the snorkeling/sea life?  Have a teenage daughter who is interested in exploring a bit, though nothing too serious.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

We currently show that you have a Day Pass excursion booked with us in Curacao, at the Courtyard by Marriott resort.  We just received notification that unfortunately the resort renovations are not complete, and they will not be able to open until late June 2024.  We wanted to reach out as soon as we received the notification, to give you time to make alternate excursion plans in Curacao.

Good Morning Everyone

We just returned from an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise

We booked a day pass from the Renaissance hotel.

Honestly just beautiful.  A short walk away.  The infinity beach pool was amazing.  You have an option of a chlorine pool as well.  The beach pool was perfect for small children.  No waves or under toe to whisk you away.  Loved Loved Loved it.

• Like 1

Just returned from a wonderful visit to the Marriott curacao and we were so happy and satisfied with their location, service and food.  

I booked for a variety of factors: wave action, pool usage, towels provided, and menu.  The added benefits for us were availability of palapa style loungers near the pool (no extra charge), the close proximity and convenience of beach access, beverage and food service personally delivered in a timely manner.  There is also a dedicated adults only pool with an infinity like view straight to the ocean. And a ledge to place ones beverage. 

As I looked on google maps, I noticed many of the beachfront hotels have protective barrier reefs aways out.  This area did not, although a bit south had one.  We really enjoyed the rolling waves and the idea of playing in the water.  When we wanted to relax, we just went to the pool.  

We were charged $95 total, and received a food/beverage credit of about $40 total.  Bill at the end ended up around $40.  

We have been to Avila on a resort pass, and can compare favorably for the Marriott.  I cannot say one is better, but rather the Marriott suited iur needs better.  Transportation was offered at $20 each way via private van.  We arranged pick-up time with driver on our way in.  He gave us contact info if we wanted to adjust the time.

4 hours ago, scanditaly said:

Just returned from a wonderful visit to the Marriott curacao and we were so happy and satisfied with their location, service and food.  

I booked for a variety of factors: wave action, pool usage, towels provided, and menu.  The added benefits for us were availability of palapa style loungers near the pool (no extra charge), the close proximity and convenience of beach access, beverage and food service personally delivered in a timely manner.  There is also a dedicated adults only pool with an infinity like view straight to the ocean. And a ledge to place ones beverage. 

As I looked on google maps, I noticed many of the beachfront hotels have protective barrier reefs aways out.  This area did not, although a bit south had one.  We really enjoyed the rolling waves and the idea of playing in the water.  When we wanted to relax, we just went to the pool.  

We were charged $95 total, and received a food/beverage credit of about $40 total.  Bill at the end ended up around $40.  

We have been to Avila on a resort pass, and can compare favorably for the Marriott.  I cannot say one is better, but rather the Marriott suited iur needs better.  Transportation was offered at $20 each way via private van.  We arranged pick-up time with driver on our way in.  He gave us contact info if we wanted to adjust the time.

thank you so much for the review. We are still deciding what to do there in September.  Much appreciate

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2024 at 10:20 AM, scubagal44 said:

Ok, Renaissance (Infinity Beach Club) was great! 

First thing I would say is to definitely have a reservation. We arrived at around 9:45am and they were turning away everyone without a reservation. 

Secondly, the email will say that the beach club opens at 10am, but that's a little misleading as you can definitely get into the beach before 10. The restaurant and service don't start until 10, but you can definitely get there earlier. When we got on the beach around 9:50am and there were still good spots under palapas, but plenty of people were already there and looked as if they'd been there for awhile. I wish I had known this. 

Overall the vibe is super chill, quiet, and relaxed. It never felt crowded, which I believe to be the result of tightly regulating the numbers allowed in. 

The beach service was very friendly, and our guy Emerson was always there when we needed something. You can go order at the bar directly, but we were never wanting for anything because Emerson came around often enough that we never lacked a drink or anything. 

The food was really good, esp for beach food. We had the bitterballen and nachos, and I'd have either again in a heartbeat. 

There's the beach, and also a pool. Towels were provided of course. 

Highly recommend this spot, and I'll for sure go back the next time I have a Curaçao port day! 

The cost was $40pp, which included a $20pp food and beverage credit. 

20240206_095506.jpg

20240206_100333.jpg

20240206_100337.jpg

20240206_101719.jpg

20240206_101728.jpg

20240206_101743.jpg

20240206_101749.jpg

20240206_103949.jpg

20240206_115447.jpg

20240206_120236.jpg

20240206_122503.jpg

20240206_122512.jpg

How do I make a reservation? Do you have an email?