Price matching

Dar & Bob

We ar platinum cruisers with Princess but in the past I've just always booked directly with a cruise professional at Ptincess.  

Due to a lousy cabin on our last cruise ( a mechanical/banging noise every 20 minutes 24/7) we ended up with a FCC and we also put down money for a FCD.  I have been looking for a cruise this fall to use those.  I am looking at a cruise on the Sky in November and the prices seemed a little steep.  I did some checking around and I can get the same cabin, same perks plus OBC on one of the travel sites.  I took a screen shot and put the cruise on hold with Princess.  I have emailed my CVP but just wondering has anyone been successful in getting a price match?  

40 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

We ar platinum cruisers with Princess but in the past I've just always booked directly with a cruise professional at Ptincess.  

Due to a lousy cabin on our last cruise ( a mechanical/banging noise every 20 minutes 24/7) we ended up with a FCC and we also put down money for a FCD.  I have been looking for a cruise this fall to use those.  I am looking at a cruise on the Sky in November and the prices seemed a little steep.  I did some checking around and I can get the same cabin, same perks plus OBC on one of the travel sites.  I took a screen shot and put the cruise on hold with Princess.  I have emailed my CVP but just wondering has anyone been successful in getting a price match?  

If you want the discounts and perks that are offered on the travel site, book with them.

• Like 4

Agree.  Princess does not match with external TA's.  They don't want to be seen to compete with them because they rely on them to book them business as opposed to booking clients with other lines.  If you like the TA deal, go with them.  Or, try looking for an agency that will compete for your business and send you a quote on the voyage you are interested in.  You can book on Princess.com and transfer within 60 days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dar & Bob said:

I want to use my FCD & FCC and not sure if that is possible on the travel site.  

Yes. Not a problem. If your FCC don't get credited right away contact the TA. The FCD may need to be done by the TA (not sure how they do it), but when I used a TA, never had a problem using FCD for a booking

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

I want to use my FCD & FCC and not sure if that is possible on the travel site.  

JF is bang on.  Any TA can apply your FCD's on account as a deposit for the booking.  The Princess system will most likely auto-apply your FCC's as soon as you have a booking with a deposit down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

What?  I know the cruise I want, just trying to get the price.  Have no idea what your comment means. 

Several people are trying to be helpful to you while staying within the CC rules. If that is not what you want, you have already been given your answer. Princess will not match the deal you found with a TA. If you want the deal, book with the TA. If you want to book with Princess, then do so. And to repeat, any TA can apply your FCDs/FCCs.

Edited by Jersey42
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jersey42 said:

Several people are trying to be helpful to you while staying within the CC rules. If that is not what you want, you have already been given your answer. Princess will not match the deal you found with a TA. If you want the deal, book with the TA. If you want to book with Princess, then do so. And to repeat, any TA can apply your FCDs/FCCs.

So the person who deleted their post telling me to google the highlighted words was being helpful. UM not so much, probably the reason they deleted their response.

I appreciate the help people have given and will possibly reach out to the travel site tomorrow if I receive a no from my CVP  

Thanks for your snarkiness!

8 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

So the person who deleted their post telling me to google the highlighted words was being helpful. UM not so much, probably the reason they deleted their response.

I appreciate the help people have given and will possibly reach out to the travel site tomorrow if I receive a no from my CVP  

Thanks for your snarkiness!

They probably got deleted by the forum monitors.  It was at least a half-step over the line of permissable information.  I think my reply was sufficient - and it is still posted.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

So the person . . . telling me to google the highlighted words was being helpful.

Yes they were being helpful to you by giving you a way to get a good deal on your cruise. The post flaunted the cruise critic guidelines, so one of the monitors deleted it. (You can not delete your own posts, you can only edit them within 20 minutes of posting.)  The monitors are very good at finding and deleting these kinds of posts.  The poster also risks permanent suspension if happens again.  If I am being too cryptic, take a look at the CC guidelines.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/#guides_agentrecommendations

If you search the boards you will find threads about booking with a TA vs booking directly with the cruise line.  People swear by both approaches.  But, getting the best deal is never the reason to book directly with the cruise line.

• Like 1