Pride Barcelona to London May 28: Which are tender ports?

Eli_6

I may live to regret it given my experience on my Pride sailing this past summer, but I have FCC and I already had both the cruise and the airfare (4 business class from Houston to BCN and then return from LHR) booked prior to my sailing this past summer and it doesn't make financial sense to cancel. (Plus, I am hoping the Pride will have different crew by then.) So, can anyone tell me what ports (if any) are tender ports on this sailing? 

I am going to basically make sure that I book "carnival" excursions or not book an excursion at all on tender ports given my experience on the Pride in 2022 and the debacle that was the tender situation on my sailing.  We go to: Gibraltar, Lisbon, Lexioes (Porto), Vigo, La Coruna, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Paris (Le Havre), and Brussels.  I think that most of these are not tender ports, but I want to figure out which ones (if any) are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I may live to regret it given my experience on my Pride sailing this past summer, but I have FCC and I already had both the cruise and the airfare (4 business class from Houston to BCN and then return from LHR) booked prior to my sailing this past summer and it doesn't make financial sense to cancel. (Plus, I am hoping the Pride will have different crew by then.) So, can anyone tell me what ports (if any) are tender ports on this sailing? 

I am going to basically make sure that I book "carnival" excursions or not book an excursion at all on tender ports given my experience on the Pride in 2022 and the debacle that was the tender situation on my sailing.  We go to: Gibraltar, Lisbon, Lexioes (Porto), Vigo, La Coruna, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Paris (Le Havre), and Brussels.  I think that most of these are not tender ports, but I want to figure out which ones (if any) are.

None of the ports are tenders, and I'm assuming the last port you meant to write Zebrugge, Belgium. Having said that the Bilbao Port stop is actually the adjacent town and it's a 20-25 min drive to Bilbao. Carnival should be providing a free shuttle but your experience may vary. The Porto stop is actually in Lexioes which is a 15-20 cab ride away, or you can walk to the train and take the train. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

None of the ports are tenders, and I'm assuming the last port you meant to write Zebrugge, Belgium. Having said that the Bilbao Port stop is actually the adjacent town and it's a 20-25 min drive to Bilbao. Carnival should be providing a free shuttle but your experience may vary. The Porto stop is actually in Lexioes which is a 15-20 cab ride away, or you can walk to the train and take the train. 

I forgot to write that Zebrugge is 30 mins drive away from Bruges. 

• Like 1

I went to seven out of nine of those ports this summer. We did not visit Vigo or Gibraltar. The seven we visited were docked.

I recommend http://whatsinport.com for transportation info.

My review with details about the ports we visited is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2873305-12-day-northern-europe-73122-pride-review/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

In Porto you MUST Go to Livraria Lelo, an amazing historical bookstore. Make online reservations prior to getting there. At Bilbao you must go to the Guggenheim museum m also make advance online reservations. 

The bookstore has a Harry Potter flavor to it- and there can be a line.  There is a city bus also (#500/507) to Porto from a stop a few blocks outside the Lexioes port entrance, where the internal port shuttle drops you off.  The Porto city center bus stop is in front of an amazing coffee shop/bakery.  I check the excursion desk on port mornings to see if any city center shuttles are offered.  Porto is similar to Lisbon- both are good destinations.