Accessiblity excursion Swimming with the Dolphins in Puerto Vallarta

Cruiseboy06

Hi

I will be going on a cruise on Carnival Panorama on October. and I'm interested in going on an excursion "swimming with the dolphins" in Puerto Vallarta.  I have Cerebral palsy,  use a power wheelchair.  I'd like to book it with Carnival.  I'm wondering  if Carnival is going to try to get accessible transportation or do I need to find my own transportation?.  Yes, my 2nd question is the location of the excursion wheelchair accessible and are they okay with disabled to swim with the dolphins.  I won't be going alone. I will be going with  my nephew, his fiancee, my niece, and a family friend.   I'm planning to contact Carnival as well.  I know there are independent tours.

I don't see that Carnival has any accessible shore excursions in Puerto Vallarta.   Their website says:  "Where available, we require a minimum of 24-hour notice for accessible transportation to be arranged. Vehicles, ramps and lifts may vary depending upon the port and availability."

Definitely contact their Access Team and see if they can assist.   

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/shore-excursions 

Please think through everything that you may need to address. I would assume that the facility has nothing in place to accommodate disabilities unless they explicitly state otherwise.

For example, do you need a wheelchair that is waterproof to enter the water or be in knee or waist-high water? Can you swim? Can you self-propel while wearing a life jacket? Do they require wetsuits?

I’m not suggesting you lost responses here,   but that you assess the situation so don’t end up with a barrier at the last moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, Essiesmom said:

I just googled accessible Puerto Vallarta and got several interesting looking websites.  Suggest you try that if you haven’t already.  EM

I was going to suggest something like this... to use Google (or other search) to find private excursions that will be able to provide what works for you.  And if a vendor indicates they aren't able to do that, ask them if they know of any others who might be able to do so.

It would help if you are more specific about just what help you would need, per some of the questions above.

We've had good luck arranging  more specialized private excursion this way, all over.

And do ask the cruise line's accessibility group, as they may know of something, too.

And let them know if you have all of the "help" you need with your family, or if you'd need something specific.

Enjoy!

GC