Fresh Milk - cruising with a 15month Old

Hey, I have sailing 11 nights over Xmas on Anthem and was trying to get some baby milk (full fat milk) info, contacted RCI via 'customer support' 7 days go and still not heard back! 

This is a rather random one, I'm fast finding that cruising with a little person changes the dynamic of the holiday quote a bit!!!! 

My son has full fat milk first thing in last thing, has anyone had experience with this? 

Am I able to get a large bottle of milk in the stateroom mini bar for me to decant first thing in the morning and last thing at night?

Thank you  ! 

1 minute ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

Am I able to get a large bottle of milk in the stateroom mini bar for me to decant first thing in the morning and last thing at night?

Go to the WJ and get/ask for the 8oz boxed milk every day - would not trust the cooler in the cabin for keeping it cold for more than a day. Way too difficult a question to ask from the shoreside staff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Go to the WJ and get/ask for the 8oz boxed milk every day - would not trust the cooler in the cabin for keeping it cold for more than a day. Way too difficult a question to ask from the shoreside staff.

I don't know why I said Fresh milk, long life would be fine as long as its Full Fat or 'Blue Top' as we call it in the UK.   

1 minute ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

I don't know why I said Fresh milk, long life would be fine as long as its Full Fat or 'Blue Top' as we call it in the UK.   

They may have nothing but fresh - typical for sailings out of the US.

• Like 1

You can get milk cartons in WJ  you want the red ones that are full fat milk. 

If your cooler in cabin doesn't seem cold enough you might want to ask room steward for half full ice bucket every night and store that way. 

If he prefers to drink from a glass your room steward can provide glasses or even better you can grab plastic cups from WJ, sorrento pizza or the cafes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

Hey, I have sailing 11 nights over Xmas on Anthem and was trying to get some baby milk (full fat milk) info, contacted RCI via 'customer support' 7 days go and still not heard back! 

This is a rather random one, I'm fast finding that cruising with a little person changes the dynamic of the holiday quote a bit!!!! 

My son has full fat milk first thing in last thing, has anyone had experience with this? 

Thank you  ! 

You can get milk from room service too. Get as many as you would like to have on hand. Sometimes I forget to grab them and the WJ is closed. Your cabin steward can give you ice twice daily, if the cooler doesn’t keep the milk cold enough. I usually bring gallon ziplock bags to hold the ice and milks, then put it in the cooler. 

44 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

When I saw "fresh milk" in the title, I was ready to point out that there are no cows on the ship. I wasn't sure how fresh you needed. 😉

I'm not sure the vegan society would approve but I'd like to see cows and chickens roaming central park on all oasis class ships!! 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, moposh said:

There are refrigerators in the cabins.  Just get some milk from the WJ in the morning and put in the refrigerator.

They are COOLERS, not refrigerators.  I don't know if I would trust them to keep milk from spoiling.

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

They are COOLERS, not refrigerators.  I don't know if I would trust them to keep milk from spoiling.

Depends on the ship. The newer ships (Oasis and Quantum class) have refrigerators that stay cold enough to keep milk at a proper temperature. On older ships, we just take ice from the bucket, put it into a ziplock bag and put it in the fridge. (Just like the ice boxes of my youth).

• Like 1

Radiance to Alaska had plastic dispensers for milk and half/half at the drink station in Windjammer.  Didn't see any little cartons.  Tasted like whole milk, but didn't ask.  Putting ice bucket in cooler with item you want to keep cold works.  Steward will fill ice bucket for you twice a day.